Victoria – Metropolitan Region
2018 Season #2
Venue: Dendy Park Tennis Club, Breen Drive, Brighton East
|Challenge Day||Sunday August 5||12:30 – 6:30pm|
|Round 1||Sunday August 19||1:00 – 5:30pm|
|Round 2||Sunday August 26||1:00 – 5:30pm|
|Round 3||Sunday September 2||1:00 – 5:30pm|
|Round 4||Sunday September 9||1:00 – 5:30pm|
|Final Round||Sunday September 16||1:00 – 5:30pm|
Age eligibility for Super 10s Victoria is as follows: Athletes are able to apply for Super 10s from the 2007 – 2009 birthyears provided they do not turn 11 before the Grand Final round in their environment. I.e. athletes must be 10 or younger for the entirety of the season.
In Melbourne, this means the athlete’s 11th birthday cannot fall before September 17, 2018 to be eligible for Season #2 of Super 10s.
As a guideline for participation in Super 10s, players should be able to perform the following green ball key competencies. If unsure, please speak to your child’s private coach to assess whether Super 10s is the appropriate competition for the player’s stage of development.
– Differentiate speed and spin on first and second serves
– Rally crosscourt for 10–15 shots varying height over the net, depth, speed and spin
– Use approach, drive volley, volley and overhead in an offensive way
– Keep great posture and maintain balance from a wide, narrow, and one-legged base
– Display independence; pack their own bag for matches and practice, and complete a regular warm-up routine and practice regularly without the coach
**PLEASE NOTE: Successful participants will be required to pay season fees of $120.
To register for the Season #2 Challenge Day, click here. Registrations close Monday July 30.
For more information please contact Ashley Naumann – Talent Manager VIC.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0413 021 148