Victoria – Metropolitan Region
KEY DATES – SEASON #1 2021
The Super 10s is a competition for the up and coming 10 and under tennis players within Victoria. Those players who register will attend a Selection Day where they will compete against other players in their respective age group where Tennis Australia staff and additional managers will evaluate their eligibility on the day. From the Selection Day and from recent tournament/competition results 32 boys and 32 girls will be selected to compete in the Super 10’s season. These players will be placed in to teams of four, be assigned a Tennis Australia qualified coach/team manager (who will be on court to support them throughout the competition) and will compete in a round robin format against the other teams respectively. Played with green ball, this competition allows the best 10/u athletes in the state to come together and receive quality matchplay against their peers. They have the opportunity to compete in a team and receive advice and support from their team manager.
Selection Day – January 31st, 2021
Where – Dendy Park Tennis Club
Registration Deadline – Monday January 25th 2021 at 11:59pm
|Sunday 31st January 2021||Selection Day||1:00pm- 5:00pm|
|Sunday 7th February 2021||Round 1||1:00pm-5:00pm|
|Sunday 14th February 2021||Round 2||1:00pm-5:00pm|
|Sunday 21st February 2021||Round 3||1:00pm-5:00pm|
|Sunday 21st March 2021||Round 4||1:00pm-5:00pm|
|Sunday 28th March 2021||Round 5||1:00pm-5:00pm|
Term 2 TBC
Below are some key competencies to consider when referring players;
- Differentiate speed and spin on first and second serves
- Rally crosscourt with partner 10–15 shots varying height over the net, depth, speed and spin
- Use approach, drive volley, volley and overhead in an offensive way
- Keep great posture and maintain balance from a wide, narrow, and one-legged base
- Display independence; pack their own bag for matches and practice, and complete a regular warm-up routine and practice regularly without the coach
All players must be 10 years old or younger at June 30th 2021.
How to register
For more information contact Bernhard Goerlitz – Talent Operations Manager VIC.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0478 479 447