Victoria – Metropolitan Region
WELCOME TO SUPER 10s!
Welcome to the 2024 Super 10s, where it’s all about having fun, competitiveness, meeting new friends, and playing within a team.
What is Super 10s?
Super 10s is an exciting, team based program for boys and girls. The competition is aimed to provide quality opportunities and experiences for young emerging players. Played with green ball it allows standout 10/u athletes throughout Victoria to come together and receive quality match play with their peers. Players have the opportunity to compete in a team and receive advice and support from their team manager.
What does the Super 10s season include?
- On court coaching provided by Tennis Australia qualified coaches
- Play in a team (4 boys/girls team of 4 players)
- Time based scoring
- Team T-shirts provided for competition players
- All matched played at Denny Park Tennis Club, Brighton East
Who can play?
To be eligible for Super 10s selection players will need to attend the Super 10s Selection Tournament, to be held on Sunday February 4th, at Dendy Park Tennis Club. Players must be 10 years old or younger as of July 1st 2024 to be eligible for Season 1 of this development competition.
Super 10s core competencies:
- Rally crosscourt with partner 10-15 shots over the net, depth, speed and spin.
- Competition experience (club and/or region)
- Commit to their on-going development and be an active participant.
- Support and encourage other athletes whilst pushing own limits.
- Be courteous to all staff, coaches, players and parents.
Super 10s Selection Criteria (Season 1)
Selections will be made by Super 10s Victorian selectors based on the following five areas;
- Tennis Victoria Sanctioned 10U events (green ball)
- Super 10s Season 1 performance/participation
- Super 10s Selection Tournament – Registration Link
- Verified singles UTR (as of Monday January 22nd, 2024)
- Coachable qualities (developmental trajectory, sportsmanship, attitude, competitiveness)
Super 10s Selection Tournament – Term 4, 2023
Date: Sunday February 4th, 2024
Location: Dendy Park Tennis Club
Registration Deadline – Sunday January 21st, 2024.
*Depending on numbers, we may require an additional venue to host this event, which will be communicated directly following the registrations closing.
**Following the deadline, all players who register will receive entry into a Selection Tournament, with pertinent information to follow.
Super 10s Dates – Season 1
|Sunday 4th February 2024||Selection Tournament (Season 1)||Girls: 1pm-7pm Boys: 1pm-7pm|
|Sunday 18th February, 2024||Round 1||Girls- 1pm 3pm
|Sunday 25th February, 2024||Round 2||Girls- 1pm 3pm
|Sunday 3rd March, 2024||Round 3||Girls- 1pm 3pm
|Sunday 17th March, 2024||Round 4||Girls- 1pm 3pm
|Sunday 21st April, 2024||Round 5||Girls- 1pm-3pm
|Sunday 5th May, 2024||Round 6||Girls- 1pm 3pm
|Sunday 19th May, 2024||Round 7||Girls- 1pm 3pm
|Sunday 26th May 2024||Semi-Finals/Playoffs||Girls- 1pm 3pm
|Sunday 2nd June, 2024||Finals/Playoffs||Girls- 1pm 3pm
Super 10s National Camp
Players can win more than just silverware as part of the Super 10s Series.
Once in a lifetime experiences are on offer, with eight Victorian boys (4) & girls (4) who are in their final year of Super 10s having the opportunity to participate in the National Super 10s Camp at the Australian Open – for AO 2024 this is 2013 birth year. Other experiances include the chance to toss the coin at Australian Open, participate in on-court demonstrations at the Australian Open, behind the scenes tours and professional player opportunities as well as the chance to receive an invitation to a Tennis Australia Talent Development Camps.
*To be eligible for the 2025 Super 10s National Camp, on top of being 2014 BY, players must participate in 50% of the local Super 10s season throughout the year (eg in a state/territory that hosts four individual Super 10s seasons, players must have participated in a minimum of two seasons).
For more information contact Trent Constance – Talent Operations Manager VIC.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0481 037 163