Key Dates – Season #1 2021
The Super 10s is a competition for the up and coming 10 and under tennis players within Tasmania. Those players who register will attend a Challenge Day where they will compete against other players in their respective age group where Tennis Australia staff and additional managers will evaluate their eligibility on the day. From the Challenge Day and from recent tournament/competition results 24 players (Hobart) & 16 players (Launceston & North-West Coast) will be selected to compete in the Super 10’s season. These players will be placed in to teams of four, be assigned a Tennis Australia qualified coach/team manager (who will be on court to support them throughout the competition) and will compete in a round robin format against the other teams respectively. Played with green ball, this competition allows the best 10/u athletes in the state to come together and receive quality matchplay against their peers. They have the opportunity to compete in a team and receive advice and support from their team manager.
|Sunday February 7th 2021||Challenge Day||Girls 12:00pm-1:30pm, Boys 2:00pm-3:30pm|
|Sunday February 21st 2021||Camp||9:00am – 11:00am|
|Sunday February 21st 2021||Round 1||12:00pm – 2:30pm|
|Sunday February 28th 2021||Round 2||12:00pm – 2:30pm|
|Sunday March 7th 2021||Round 3||12:00pm – 2:30pm|
|Sunday March 14th 2021||Finals/Playoff||12:00pm – 2:30pm|
VENUE: Domain Tennis Centre – 2 Davies Avenue, Queens Domain
**Round 2 GIRLS will be played at Cygnet Tennis Club, BOYS at Domain Tennis Centre.
**Round 3 BOYS will be played at Rosny Park Tennis Club, GIRLS at Domain Tennis Centre.
|Saturday February 6th 2021||Challenge Day||Girls 12:00pm-1:30pm, Boys 2:00pm-3:30pm|
|Saturday February 20th 2021||Camp||11:00am – 1:00pm|
|Saturday February 20th 2021||Round 1||2:00pm – 4:30pm|
|Saturday February 27th 2021||Round 2||2:00pm – 4:30pm|
|Saturday March 13th 2021||Round 3||2:00pm – 4:30pm|
|Saturday March 20th 2021||Round 4||2:00pm – 4:30pm|
VENUE: Tennis World – Launceston, 57 Racecourse Crescent, Launceston
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION
As a guideline for participation in Super 10s, players should be able to perform the following green ball key competencies. If unsure, please speak to your child’s private coach to assess whether Super 10s is the appropriate competition for the player’s stage of development.
– Differentiate speed and spin on first and second serves
– Rally crosscourt for 10–15 shots varying height over the net, depth, speed and spin
– Use approach, drive volley, volley and overhead in an offensive way
– Keep great posture and maintain balance from a wide, narrow, and one-legged base
– Display independence; pack their own bag for matches and practice, and complete a regular warm-up routine and practice regularly without the coach
All players must be 10 years old or younger at March 30th 2021.
For all new participants to Tennis Australia Programs/ those without a revolutioniseSPORT account:
- Click the link provided below.
- Select ‘Register’ and then Tasmania from the drop down menu
- You will be sent an email with user name, National Member ID and a password reset.
- Once registered and logged in click on ‘events’ at the top of the page and select TAS- Challenge Day Super 10s, Season 1, 2021: Hobart OR North
For those that already have a National Member ID, you will need to follow the below instructions:
- Click the link provided below.
- Log in using your revolutioniseSPORT username and password.
- Click on ‘events’ at the top of the page and select TAS- Challenge Day Super 10s, Season 1, 2021: Hobart OR North
Please note registrations will close COB Friday February 5th.
For any issues regarding the Super 10’s registration process above please contact Gemma Harper at [email protected].
For any other information please contact Trent Constance, Talent Operations Manager – Tasmania.
Phone: 0481 037 163