Key Dates – Summer Season 21\22 (Hobart) – Season #2 2021 (Launceston)
The Super 10s is a competition for the up and coming 10 and under tennis players within Tasmania. Those players who register will attend a Challenge Day where they will compete against other players in their respective age group where Tennis Australia staff and additional managers will evaluate their eligibility on the day. From the Challenge Day and from recent tournament/competition results 24 players (Hobart) & 16 players (Launceston & North-West Coast) will be selected to compete in the Super 10’s season. These players will be placed in to teams of four, be assigned a Tennis Australia qualified coach/team manager (who will be on court to support them throughout the competition) and will compete in a round robin format against the other teams respectively. Played with green ball, this competition allows the best 10/u athletes in the state to come together and receive quality matchplay against their peers. They have the opportunity to compete in a team and receive advice and support from their team manager.
Hobart (Term 4, 2021 & Term 1, 2022)
|Sunday October 31st 2021||Summer Series Selection Tournament||12:00pm-4:00pm|
|Sunday November 14th 2021||Round 1||12:00pm – 2:30pm|
|Sunday November 21st 2021||Round 2||12:00pm – 2:30pm|
|Sunday November 28th 2021||Round 3||12:00pm – 2:30pm|
|Sunday December 5th 2021||Round 4||12:00pm – 2:30pm|
|Sunday December 12th 2021||Mixed Doubles Round||12:00pm – 2:30pm|
|Sunday February 6th 2021||Round 5||12:00pm – 2:30pm|
|Sunday February 13th 2021||Round 6||12:00pm – 2:30pm|
|Sunday February 20th 2021||Semi-Final||12:00pm – 2:30pm|
|Sunday February 27th 2021||Finals/Playoff||12:00pm – 2:30pm|
VENUE: Domain Tennis Centre – 2 Davies Avenue, Queens Domain
Launceston (Term 4)
|Saturday November 6th 2021||Selection Tournament||1:00pm-4:00pm|
|Saturday November 20th 2021||Round 1||2:00pm- 4:00pm|
|Saturday November 27th 2021||Round 2||2:00pm- 4:00pm|
|Saturday December 4th 2021||Round 3||2:00pm- 4:00pm|
|Saturday December 11th 2021||Round 4||2:00pm- 4:00pm|
VENUE: Tennis World – Launceston, 57 Racecourse Crescent, Launceston
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION
As a guideline for participation in Super 10s, players should be able to perform the following green ball key competencies. If unsure, please speak to your child’s private coach to assess whether Super 10s is the appropriate competition for the player’s stage of development.
– Differentiate speed and spin on first and second serves
– Rally crosscourt for 10–15 shots varying height over the net, depth, speed and spin
– Use approach, drive volley, volley and overhead in an offensive way
– Keep great posture and maintain balance from a wide, narrow, and one-legged base
– Display independence; pack their own bag for matches and practice, and complete a regular warm-up routine and practice regularly without the coach
All players must be 10 years old or younger as of November 30th 2021.
For all new participants to Tennis Australia Programs/ those without a revolutioniseSPORT account:
- Click the link provided below.
- Select ‘Register’ and then Tasmania from the drop down menu
- You will be sent an email with user name, National Member ID and a password reset.
- Once registered and logged in click on ‘events’ at the top of the page and select TAS- Super 10s Summer Series Selection- Hobart: (Terms 4, 2021 & Term 1, 2022) 2021 OR TAS- Super 10s Selection Tournament – Launceston: Term 4, 2021
For those that already have a National Member ID, you will need to follow the below instructions:
- Click the link provided below.
- Log in using your revolutioniseSPORT username and password.
- Click on ‘events’ at the top of the page and select TAS- Super 10s Summer Series Selection- Hobart: (Terms 4, 2021 & Term 1, 2022) 2021 OR TAS- Super 10s Selection Tournament – Launceston: Term 4, 2021
For any issues regarding the Super 10’s registration process above please contact Gemma Harper at [email protected].
For any other information please contact Trent Constance, Talent Operations Manager – Tasmania.
Phone: 0481 037 163