Women Leaders in Tennis
Women Leaders in Tennis Program
The Women Leaders in Tennis program aims to increase the participation of women and girls in community leadership positions through professional development, mentorship and networking opportunities.
- To build the leadership knowledge, skills and confidence of current and prospective community leaders
- To build a community of practice amongst women community leaders
- To increase participation of women and girls in community leadership roles in clubs
- To retain women community leaders.
- Current and prospective women community leaders in paid or volunteer roles in tennis clubs/centres/associations
- Club volunteers and committee members
- Senior club leaders (i.e., club president, coach)
- Consists of formal learning opportunities, networking and mentoring delivered over 4 months (including two face-to-face workshops and online sessions)
- Up to 24 women will be accepted in each program intake
- Fully subsidised in 2022 for participants from an affiliated Club/Association
- Regional travel subsidies are available
- Be aged 18 years or over.
- Identify as a woman.
- Be an Australian citizen or have been granted permanent residence status.
- Provide a Working With Children Check and sign a Member Protection Declaration.
- Currently involved in a paid or volunteer capacity for a local affiliated Tennis Club/Association/Venue.
- Have nomination from relevant personnel (e.g., Club President, Committee member or manager/supervisor)
How do I apply?
The Women Leaders in Tennis program is proudly supported by a $12 million Australian Sports Commission federal government grant.