Australian Open ‘AO’ Community Grants support projects seeking to improve tennis communities by investing in local tennis programs which focus on increasing and improving diversity and inclusion through the sport.
Tennis Australia is seeking applications for creative and sustainable participation programs that will provide local under-represented groups the opportunity to engage with tennis in ways that are meaningful for them.
Applicants who showcase local partnerships and sustainable pathways for ongoing participation will be favoured.
Applicants can apply for grants between AUD$1,000 and AUD$5,000
Grants are available to:
- Clubs affiliated with Tennis Victoria, Tennis NSW, Tennis West, Tennis QLD, Tennis SA, Tennis ACT, Tennis NT or Tennis Tasmania
- Tennis Australia Coach Members
- Not-for-Profit organisations that are delivering programs in partnership with either an affiliated club or TA Coach member
Community Grants will have a strong emphasis on programs that enhance a sense of community belonging for deserving communities or marginalised groups, including:
- Indigenous Australians
- Culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities
- LGBTI people and communities
- Older adults 65+
- Persons with disabilities
Examples of successful AO Community Grant applications (2017)
Round 4 applications will open from 10:00am Monday 12 March 2018 and close on Sunday 15 April 2018.
Ready to make a difference? Apply for a AO Community Grant.