Key Dates – Season #2 2020
The Super 10s is a competition for the up and coming 10 and under tennis players within Tasmania. Those players who register will attend a Challenge Day where they will compete against other players in their respective age group where Tennis Australia staff and additional managers will evaluate their eligibility on the day. From the Challenge Day and from recent tournament/competition results 24 players (Hobart) & 16 players (Launceston & North-West Coast) will be selected to compete in the Super 10’s season. These players will be placed in to teams of four, be assigned a Tennis Australia qualified coach/team manager (who will be on court to support them throughout the competition) and will compete in a round robin format against the other teams respectively. Played with green ball, this competition allows the best 10/u athletes in the state to come together and receive quality matchplay against their peers. They have the opportunity to compete in a team and receive advice and support from their team manager.
|Sunday October 11th 2020||Challenge Day||Girls 11:00am-12:30pm, Boys 1:00pm-2:30pm|
|Sunday October 25th 2020||Camp||9:00am – 11:00am|
|Sunday October 25th 2020||Round 1||12:00pm – 2:30pm|
|Sunday November 1st 2020||Round 2||12:00pm – 2:30pm|
|Sunday November 8th 2020||Round 3||12:00pm – 2:30pm|
|Sunday November 15th 2020||Round 4||12:00pm – 2:30pm|
|Sunday November 22nd 2020||Round 5||12:00pm – 2:30pm|
VENUE: Domain Tennis Centre – 2 Davies Avenue, Queens Domain
|Saturday October 17th 2020||Challenge Day||2:00pm – 4:00pm|
|Saturday October 31st 2020||Camp||11:00am – 1:00pm|
|Saturday October 31st 2020||Round 1||2:00pm – 4:30pm|
|Saturday November 7th 2020||Round 2||2:00pm – 4:30pm|
|Saturday November 14th 2020||Round 3||2:00pm – 4:30pm|
|Saturday November 21st 2020||Round 4||2:00pm – 4:30pm|
VENUE: Tennis World – Launceston, 57 Racecourse Crescent, Launceston
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION
As a guideline for participation in Super 10s, players should be able to perform the following green ball key competencies. If unsure, please speak to your child’s private coach to assess whether Super 10s is the appropriate competition for the player’s stage of development.
– Differentiate speed and spin on first and second serves
– Rally crosscourt for 10–15 shots varying height over the net, depth, speed and spin
– Use approach, drive volley, volley and overhead in an offensive way
– Keep great posture and maintain balance from a wide, narrow, and one-legged base
– Display independence; pack their own bag for matches and practice, and complete a regular warm-up routine and practice regularly without the coach
All players must be 10 years old or younger at November 30th 2020.
1. Click the following link for Hobart – https://www.revolutionise.com.au/tennis/registration/90869/ or https://www.revolutionise.com.au/tennis/registration/90870/ for Launceston.
2. Select Register and then ‘TAS Super 10’s Challenge Day Hobart’ OR ‘TAS Super 10’s Challenge Day Launceston’ from the drop down menu.
Please note registrations will close COB Friday October 9 and Friday October 16 respectively.
For any issues regarding the Super 10’s registration process above please contact Gemma Harper at [email protected].
For any other information please contact Trent Constance, Talent Operations Manager – Tasmania.
Phone: 0481 037 163