Western Australia: Super 10s 2021 – Term 1
The Super 10s is a competition for leading 10 and under tennis players in the State of WA. The competition commences with a Challenge Day where children are evaluated by managers on court. From the Challenge Day and from most recent tournament results, the best 16 boys and 16 girls are selected and these players are divided into 4 teams of 4 players. The teams are assigned a team manager who will be on court with them throughout the season to provide advice and support.
Players thinking about registering for the Challenge Day should consider the following before signing up for the Day.
The athlete should be able to:
- Rally at least 15 shots up and down the middle of the court.
- Serve with a variety of spin and pace.
- Be competent at hitting slice and topspin.
- Be able to move the ball around the court with purpose.
- Have a good attitude on court by showing respect to the game and to their opponent.
- Players should have competitive experience using a green ball.
In addition to the Challenge Day, players will be selected based on results in tournaments and results in league matches. Players who do not compete in either league matches or tournaments will not be considered for the Super 10s competition.
Please Note: Athletes are able to apply for Super 10s provided they do not turn 11 before the final round in their environment.
i.e. athletes must be 10 years or younger for the entirety of the season.
The format of the competition is identical to the Fast 4 format with players playing first to 4 games. All ties will each contain a singles and doubles rubber of 50 minutes in duration. Players warm up together before the start of the tie under the guidance of their team managers before commencing their match. This event is a green ball event.
Dates and Times:
WA Super 10s Term 1: 2021
Challenge Day: Saturday 6th March 11am-5pm
(please note the day maybe split into two shifts depending on numbers of registrations)
Round 1: Saturday 13th March 3-5pm
Round 2 & Round 3: Saturday 20th March 1-3pm & 3:30-5:30pm
Round 4: Saturday 27th March 1-3pm
*Rain out date: Sunday 28th March 1-3pm
The total cost for the Super 10s season including the Challenge Day is $120.00. This is for those players that are successful in making a team (16 girls and 16 boys).
Those players who are selected in the teams, will be invoiced by Tennis Australia.
For those players that are not selected in a Super 10s Team, an opportunity will be offered. Which will include organized match play and/or on court drilling.
The cost of this will which includes the Challenge Day, as well as 3 additional Saturdays is $70.00
The State Tennis Centre
282 Victoria Park Drive, Burswood WA 6100
- Click the following link – revolutioniseSPORT Registration Link
- Select Register and then ‘Western Australia’ from the drop down menu.
- You will be sent an email with user name, National Member ID and a password reset.
- Once registered and logged in click on ‘events’ at the top of the page and select WA – Super 10s Season 1, 2021
Please note registrations will close COB: Wednesday 3rd March 2021.
For any issues regarding the Super 10s registration process above please contact Gemma Harper at [email protected].
For any other information please contact Emma Hayman, Talent Operations Manager WA.
E: [email protected]
M: 0424 741 154