The Super 10s is a competition for the best 10 and under tennis players in the State of WA. The competition commences with a Challenge Day where children are evaluated by managers on court. From the Challenge Day and from recent tournament results, the best 16 boys and 16 girls are selected and these players are divided into 4 teams of 4 players. The teams are assigned a team manager who will be on court with them throughout the season to provide advice and support.
There are 3 round robin matches and one final match for placings. There are two seasons a year with the first season to be played in Term 1/2 and the second season to be played in Term 3/4.
Players thinking about registering for the Challenge Day should consider the following before signing up for the Day.
The athlete should be able to:
- Rally at least 15 shots up and down the middle of the court.
- Serve with a variety of spin and pace.
- Be competent at hitting slice and topspin.
- Be able to move the ball around the court with purpose.
- Have a good attitude on court by showing respect to the game and to their opponent.
- Players should have competitive experience using a green ball.
In addition to the Challenge Day, players will be selected based on results in tournaments and results in league matches. Players who do not compete in either league matches or tournaments will not be considered for the Super 10s competition.
Please Note: Athletes are able to apply for Super 10s from the 2010 – 2008 birth years provided they do not turn 11 before the final round in their environment. I.e. athletes must be 10 years or younger for the entirety of the season. In Western Australia, this means the athlete’s 11th birthday cannot fall on or before the 23rd of Nov 2019 to be eligible for Season #2 of Super 10s.
Dates for Season #2:
- Challenge Day: 19th of October 2019 (1.00-5.00pm)
- Round #1: 26th of October 2019 (1.00-3.00pm)
- Round #2: 2nd of Nov 2019 (1.00-3.00pm)
- Round #3: 17th of Nov 2019 (*Sunday tie) (4.30-6.30pm)
- Round #4: 23rd of Nov 2019 (1.00-3.00pm)
- Make Up round: 30th of Nov 2019
To register for the Season 2 Challenge Day, CLICK HERE
The format of the competition is identical to the Fast 4 format with players playing first to 4 games. All ties will each contain a singles and doubles rubber of 50 minutes in duration. Players warm up together before the start of the tie under the guidance of their team managers before commencing their match.
As part of the Super 10s season Tennis Australia will invite parents to be part of some off court parent education sessions administered by one of our Tennis Australia contract staff.
Please note successful players will be required to pay season fees of $80.
For more information please contact: Damien Ward, Talent Manager-WA, [email protected] or phone 0466 411 591.