ANZ Tennis Hot Shots Community Play is a program designed to be delivered by club volunteers. It aims to give an excellent first tennis experience in a fun, friendly and welcoming environment, for young players that would not normally be able to access the program as their local club does not have a qualified tennis coach.
ANZ Tennis Hot Shots Community Play has a flexible delivery model for clubs to adapt to the needs of their community. It’s a great way to attract new participants to the sport and engage with your local community!
To be eligible for the program, your club must:
- Be affiliated with your Member Association;
- Be in a regional location; and
- Not have a qualified tennis coach
Benefits of the Program for your Club
All registered ANZ Tennis Hot Shots Community Play venues will receive:
- Find-A-Venue listing on the ANZ Tennis Hot Shots website. This website is heavily promoted through our national marketing campaigns and will help drive new members and players to your club.
- Marketing resources to help you promote your ANZ Tennis Hot Shots program, including use of the ANZ Tennis Hot Shots logo.
- Complimentary access to the ANZ Tennis Hot Shots App for iOS and Android.
- An equipment pack that includes the following items:
|Equipment Pack (2019/2020)||New Clubs|
|3 metre Nets||2|
|5.5 metre Nets||2|
|21 inch Racquets||8|
|23 inch Racquets||8|
|Drop Down Lines||1 pack|
|ANZ Tennis Hot Shots Cap||1|
|Activity Cards||1 set|
|Equipment Pack (2019/2020)||Renewing Clubs|
|Circle flat markers||6|
*Conditions Apply. Read the full Terms and Conditions here.
Benefits of the Program for your Participants
All participants who register to your club via hotshots.tennis.com.au will receive these awesome benefits:
- Free ANZ Tennis Hot Shots T-Shirt by New Balance, upon first registration.
- The chance to play on court at the Australian Open or Emirates Australian Open Series
- Pre-sale ticket access to the Australian Open and Emirates Australian Open Series
- The chance to win a VIP Australia Open experience through the ANZ Tennis Hot Shot of the Year competition
- Access to money-can’t-buy competitions with prizes that include player meet and greets
- Special discounts with our partners and online store, including 20% off all online apparel and footwear from New Balance – our Official Sports Apparel and Footwear Partner
- Personal Accident Insurance – just in case your child gets any tennis injuries.
How to Register
Your club will need to nominate a Community Play Coordinator to register on your behalf. Coordinators must meet Tennis Australia’s screening requirements which include:
- A current Working with Children check
- A current National Police check (please note for new applications, the date of issue must be within 90 days of the application date)
- A completed and signed Member Protection Declaration
- A completed reference check
For more information on the requirements of registration, please view our Policies page.
When you are ready to register, please click here.
ANZ Tennis Hot Shots Match Play
Delivered at venues around Australia, ANZ Tennis Hot Shots Match Play is designed to give kids already playing tennis the opportunity to transition from learning the game to playing matches in a fun team environment. ANZ Tennis Hot Shots Match Play helps kids to learn how to play the sport, including scoring and where to stand. In addition, they will learn to develop social skills including what it means to be part of a team, and how to work together.
Registration is complimentary for ANZ Tennis Hot Shots Community Play clubs, benefits include:
- Marketing collateral to help you promote your ANZ Tennis Hot Shots Match Play program, including the use of the ANZ Tennis Hot Shots Match Play logo
- Ability to apply for ANZ Tennis Hot Shots Match Play showcases at the Australian Open and Emirates Australian Open series events
- Access to workshops and professional development opportunities
- The opportunity to receive value add-ons to assist with running your program
ANZ Tennis Hot Shots Match Play is also supported by Australian tennis stars Daria Gavrilova and Thanasi Kokkinakis, who have been named as ambassadors of the program.