Sunshine Coast JDS Series – Your stepping stone (or pathway) from fixtures to tournaments.
WELCOME BACK PLAYERS!
It has been a trying few months due to COVID however we are now back and playing again.
Due to the current situation, there has been a number of changes to the Sunshine Coast JDS Circuit.
Please find below all the information that you require for upcoming Tournaments within the Sunshine Coast Region for 2020. you need to know about Tournaments for 2020.
Queensland has been working hard to keep everyone safe and COVID free, and we are already being rewarded with return to competitions. Understandably, we continue to navigate through physical distancing, venue capacity and border restrictions; however, we have an opportunity to offer clubs an event that will provide quality matches for our players in the current environment.
2020 JUNIOR TEAMS CARNIVAL CANCELLATION
Due to COVID, the Tennis Queensland Board has made the decision to cancel this year’s Junior Teams Carnival held in Brisbane. Please see below remaining local events to play for 2020.
Australian Ranking Tournaments: JT’s
• For those asking the question, all Australian Ranking Tournaments are currently postponed to help contain the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
• No Australian Ranking Tournaments will be held prior to 12 October 2020 as they require all states and territories to be able to host events as well as unrestricted travel and the majority of domestic borders to be open.
• Please be aware that this is not a restart date.
• The Australian Ranking tournament restart will require unrestricted travel and the majority of domestic borders to be open.
• The Australian Rankings will remain suspended until Australian Ranking Tournaments return, with players not losing any points that they were due to defend during the downtime.
JDS State Finals Rockhampton
Due to COVID-19, please note that the 2020 JDS State Finals at Rockhampton has been cancelled and there will be no Sunshine Coast Region team travelling to Rockhampton this October.
What’s in it for our players to play the JDS in 2020?
• The Sunshine Coast Regional Assembly has taken the decision to make the Junior Development Series equal, open and inviting by adopting the UTR rating system as part of it this year.
• Tennis Australia has partnered with Universal Tennis, the company behind the Universal Tennis Rating (UTR), to bring you a global tennis rating system at events across Australia.
• This would allow our players to understand their level and performance better.
• UTR system is an ability based system
I strongly recommend all parents and players to click on the link https://www.myutr.com/education to know more about the UTR. The link has a range of resources, from free live webinars, videos and how-to guides, learn how UTR can help you step up your game.
What does this mean?
• The UTR Sunshine Coast Region JDS events will be part of the Road to Brisbane event series giving players level based match play opportunities and a chance to qualify for regional and state finals.
• With no JDS State Finals this year, the SC JDS UTR events will lead into the ‘Road to Brisbane’ that will be a representative pathway to the players.
• The Road to Brisbane is powered by the UTR (Universal Tennis Rating) rating system and is designed as a pathway for players to progress through local and regional playoffs and into state finals to be contested during Brisbane Tennis 2021.
Player Guide and Pathway Link – Important Information
All players must ‘Activate your Profile’ – Please note that if you have an Australian Ranking or have your details entered on the League Manager software (a software used by clubs to run fixtures) you will already have a UTR
• Step by Step Guide to Activate your Profile https://support.myutr.com/en/support/solutions/articles/9000151889-claiming-a-player-profile-when-signing-up-for-utr
• Road to Brisbane Player Guide
• Attached Road to Brisbane Player Pathway
Follow the Tennis Sunshine Coast Facebook Page for updates and further information
PLAYER ETIQUETTE AND BEHAVIOR 2020:
A reminder that the Sunshine Coast Region does not tolerate inappropriate behavior on or off the court. The JDS Series currently has a demerit system in place should behavior fall below the required standards. The below link has a further explanation and how the violation points are allocated.
2020 Event Dates UPDATED UTR
|Dates:||Host Venue:||More Information*:|
|February 22nd and 23rd||Sunshine Coast Regional Tennis Centre – Caloundra||EVENT COMPLETE|
|March 7th and 8th||Kingaroy and District Tennis Association||EVENT COMPLETE|
|July 25th and 26th||Mooloolaba Tennis Club||EVENT COMPLETE|
|August 15th and 16th||Gympie and District Tennis Association||ENTRIES NOW OPEN|
|September 5th and 6th||Tewantin Tennis Club||ENTRIES NOW OPEN|
|September 26th and 27th||Kawana Tennis Club||ENTRIES NOW OPEN|
|October 10th and 11th||Nambour and District Tennis Association||ENTRIES NOW OPEN|
|November 7th and 8th||Noosa Tennis Club||ENTRIES NOW OPEN|
2020 Regional JDS Finals- 5th December @ Sunshine Coast Regional Tennis Centre. This event is invitation only.
Cost for JDS events 2020:
All age group events: $43.00
Coloured Ball events $25.00
All entries are to be completed online via the link above with the exception of Orange Ball which now has the option to register with the coach as a team entry