Walk of Fame – Be part of a lasting local tennis legacy
Tennis ACT has partnered with the Australian Sports Foundation to invite the tennis community to leave a lasting tennis legacy by donating a paver to be displayed on the Tennis ACT Walk of Fame located at the Canberra Tennis Centre. Pavers are inscribed with individual or family names and are placed around the larger inductee pavers. There is also limited opportunity to donate a Walk of Fame recipient paver.
Donors will be recognised in the following way
|$2+||Tax deductible donation|
|$500||Individual name on a Paver in the Walk of Fame|
|$1,000||Family names on a Paver in the Walk of Fame|
|$2,500||Walk of Fame recipient Paver donated by “Your Name”|
Click here to donate
For further information, please contact Tennis ACT on (02) 6160 7800.
Canberra Tennis Centre – Help attract International events to Canberra
Tennis ACT in partnership with Tennis Australia, the ACT Government, and Next Gen Health & Lifestyle Club Canberra completed a $27 million redevelopment of the tennis facilities at Lyneham.
The Canberra Tennis Centre features eight hard courts, four synthetic grass courts, 12 tier one European clay courts, four children’s ANZ Hot shots courts, as well as an indoor tennis centre with four hard courts. The development also includes world class player and spectator facilities, an aquatic and fitness centre, a child recreation centre and retail facilities.
We need your help to raise additional funds and allow Canberra to attract more international tennis events and support current and next generation elite players by providing them with a world class training base.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Currently five International Pro Tour events are held at the Canberra Tennis Centre and our ability to secure these events on an ongoing basis and grow our international content depends on how well our facility is equipped to handle such large events. To enable this, we have partnered with the Australian Sports Foundation so that you can become part of our transformation and help us complete further exciting upgrades to the Canberra Tennis Centre.
By making a donation you will help fund the upgrades required which will bring:
- Broadcast Lighting– Capacity to host tournaments which are broadcast around the world.
- Ability to keep local talent in Canberra – Allow players such as Nick Kyrgios to stay and train at home.
- International Tennis Federation Tier 1 quality courts– Allow Canberra to be a training base for international players.
- Spectator & Participant Comfort – Providing a first class spectator and participant experience such as corporate areas, viewing areas and picturesque grounds.
- Major event “plug and play” – Data connectivity to match courts to allow the hosting of ATP, Davis Cup and Fed Cup events, and improve the ranking of the facility in a competitive tender process.
- Economic Impact –Inject $15 million over three years into the local economy.
You can help by making a tax deductible donation of $2 or more. By contributing, you will become part of Canberra’s international sporting future and you will help grow tennis participation and elite performance in Canberra.
Click here to donate