Great news today with no new cases and South Australia to come out of lockdown at 12.01 am tomorrow, Wednesday 28 July.
The Premier announced at this morning’s press conference that sport training can recommence tomorrow, with competitions to follow from next weekend (exact start date to be confirmed).
The updated Direction for Activities has now been released. This Direction determines the ways in which tennis (and sport) can be conducted in South Australia. The purpose of the Direction is to impose principles and rules relating to the conduct of certain activities involving members of the public, and the management of places in which the activities occur, for the purpose of minimising the spread of COVID-19.
- Training that does not involve interaction with other schools, teams or clubs is permitted (for the purposes of our sport, this includes coaching)
- Tennis courts open for a casual hit between mates as a recreational activity
The above activities are subject to sports spectator restrictions. A person must not attend a sporting event or sports or fitness training as a spectator unless the person needs to be present as a caregiver for a participant in the event or training (and only one caregiver per participant is permitted.
- Competitions (no team, club or competitive sport)
- Including, but not restricted to the following: internal club social tennis competitions, inter club competitions, club tournaments
Summary of Direction for Activities (effective as of 12.01 am, Wednesday 28 July)
The following table is taken directly from page 3 of the Emergency Management (Activities—Associated Direction No 6) (COVID-19) Direction 2021 and summarises the restrictions imposed by this direction:
|Level 3: Medium restrictions||
This is a summary of restrictions only, for full details please click here.
Before you open your tennis venue, please ensure that:
- COVID-Safe plan is in place for the venue
- COVID-SAfe Check-In QR codes are clearly displayed
- COVID Marshal is in attendance at any times of expected high patronage, including times of planned activities
Please visit our COVID-19 webpage for resources and signage to display at your venue (available here)
Community Tennis Guidelines
Our Community Tennis Guidelines have now been updated (available here).
Tennis SA administered competitions
The following Tennis SA administered competitions have been cancelled for Friday 30 and Saturday 31 July:
- Tennis SA Winter Pennant
- Southern Districts Tennis Association Juniors
- Eastern Districts Tennis Association Juniors
- North East Tennis Association Juniors
- Western Districts Tennis Association Orange Ball Match Play
- Glenelg Districts Tennis Association Orange Ball Match Play
The plan is for the above listed competitions to recommence next weekend. A further update will be available on or before Thursday 5 August.