Some good news from today’s press conference with the plan for lockdown to end at 12.01 am on Wednesday 28 July. Fingers crossed for no escalation in the next 24 hours.
The Premier has today outlined some details for a further week of restrictions as we move out of lockdown. He has also advised that they plan to release a further update in regards to sport tomorrow.
Tennis SA has already put forward a proposal to the South Australian Government specifically in regards to tennis coaching.
Our hope is that tennis coaching will be able to recommence in line with other fitness and recreation activities.
We are continuing to work with the relevant Government departments and will provide further updates as soon as we are able.
We plan to provide an update on or before Thursday 29 July for the following Tennis SA administered competitions due to be held on Friday 30 and Saturday 31 July:
- Tennis SA Winter Pennant
- Southern Districts Tennis Association Juniors
- Eastern Districts Tennis Association Juniors
- North East Tennis Association Juniors
- Western Districts Tennis Association Orange Ball Match Play
- Glenelg Districts Tennis Association Orange Ball Match Play