The first foundations for the Memorial Drive Centre Court redevelopment stage two project have been laid this week.
The first concrete pour took place in the south eastern corner of the Eastern Stand with 350 cubic metres of concrete poured.
Subsequent pours will occur across the site in the coming weeks and once complete, precast core walls and precast columns will be constructed before the first and second floors are poured.
The $44 million stage two project includes:
- The demolition of the North Stand
- Construction of new Northern and Eastern Facilities linked by a concourse level, with enhanced patron amenities, food and beverage facilities
- Northern Facility to include a Media and Sports Technology Centre, with broadcast facilities, media lounge and space for high performance sports research and development
- Eastern Facility to be integrated with the Adelaide Oval Southern Plaza, incorporating high performance training facilities, premium multipurpose event and function spaces
- Northern and Eastern Facilities fully accessible to all levels
- Addition of rigging points on the roof and feature lighting.
The project is on schedule to be event ready for the Adelaide International in January 2022, with completion expected in mid-2022.
For more information on the Memorial Drive Centre Court redevelopment, visit: http://bit.ly/2LO0AxS