The best of country tennis will be on show when Forster hosts the 2021 Priceline NSW Country Championships from 25 June – 2 July.
The Country Championships are considered one of the state’s most prestigious tennis tournaments. This is the first staging of the event since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic and organisers are expecting more than 800 participants and spectators to attend the 10-day event.
On court, juniors and adults will be striving to improve their Universal Tennis Rating (UTR) in the Australian Money Tournament (AMT) and Junior Tournament (JT), while off-court, a slew of social activities will keep spectators enthralled.
The action-packed schedule boasts a PRO-AM fundraiser on Monday 28 June between Grand Slam mixed-doubles champion Casey Dellacqua and leading high-performance coach and former WTA player Jaslyn Hewitt-Shehadie.
Locals are invited to register individually or combine with family or friends to make a team of four. The $25 per person ($100 per team) entry fee will be donated to the local State Emergency Service (SES).
Dellacqua said the event would be an opportunity for the community to come together and raise money for a good cause.
“Everyone who enters will get an opportunity to have a hit with myself and Jaslyn, all in support of the local SES,” Dellacqua said.
“It doesn’t matter if you take your tennis competitively or if you like a social hit, I encourage you to come along. I’ll be getting out there, playing my best and making sure who I’m playing with or against has a chance to hit a lot of tennis ball, mingle and have a lot of fun.”
The 2021 Priceline NSW Country Championships will begin on Friday 25 June, beginning with the AMT Tournament.
Competition will span six venues including Forster, Tuncurry, Taree, Cundletown and Wingham.
The PRO-AM Fundraiser will be held on Monday 28 June beginning at 7pm at Forster Tennis Club. Head to the Tennis NSW website to register. https://www.tennis.com.au/nsw/players/tournaments/nsw-country-championships
- Highly anticipated event will return to scenic coastal town of Forster
- This year’s event is being held from 25 June – 2 July
- One of the most prestigious events on the Tennis NSW calendar
- In 2019, this event was awarded Sport NSW Community Event of the Year
- Attracts more than 800 participants plus spectators annually
- Caters to seniors and juniors
- Tournament spans six venues including Forster, Tuncurry, Taree, Cundletown and Wingham
- AMT tournament to be held from Friday 25 – Monday 28 June
- JT tournament to be held from Monday 28 June – Friday 2 July