Metro Sydney Tennis Committee
Expression of Interest – Members of the Metro Sydney Tennis Committee
Tennis New South Wales Ltd (TNSW) is seeking expressions of interest from the community for volunteers interested in appointment as a member of the new Metro Sydney Tennis Committee (Tennis Metro), formerly known as the Tennis Sydney Committee, a standing committee of the TNSW Board.
Tennis Metro is established to provide advice to the Board and management relating to key strategic priorities for tennis in Metropolitan Sydney. Members of Tennis Metro will be appointed for an initial 2-year term to end at the AGM in 2022 and thereafter on an annual basis.
Tennis Metro is being established after a period of inactivity and following the Tennis Sydney Review conducted by Mike McLaughlin (Review). The TNSW Board has also endorsed in principle a revised Terms of Reference for Tennis Metro, which includes the following mission, duties and responsibilities for the committee:
- provide strategic advice to the Board on tennis activities in Metropolitan Sydney and work closely with management on matters including but not limited to:
- how the delivery and participation of tennis in Sydney can best represent the multicultural and socioeconomic make-up of the Greater Sydney region and to improve accessibility to the sport
- supporting the development of a Metropolitan Sydney Facilities Strategy
- the allocation and delivery of all TNSW-delivered tournament play, including the NSW Open
- the delivery, management and development of a strong club competition framework and culture across Metropolitan Sydney
- promote the advancement of tennis in Metropolitan NSW to uphold a positive environment for the tennis community
- work towards implementing the recommendations of the Sydney Tennis Review as adopted by the Board.
Tennis Metro will comprise of up to nine Members, including both metro-elected TNSW Directors, Ron Heinrich and Brian Morris, and up to six members across Metropolitan Sydney. The Board has appointed Wayne Swaysland, Director of TNSW to Chair Tennis Metro.
Any person may nominate for appointment as a member of Tennis Metro by providing written notification to the Company Secretary. Nominees should email [email protected] by 5.00pm on Sunday 11 April 2021 and attach this Member Nomination Form and a nominee statement in accordance with the instructions set out in the form.
All validly submitted nominations will be reviewed by the Board and may be delegated to a working group for further consideration. Members will be selected on the merit of their application, noting that diversity from the various regions of Metropolitan Sydney will be undertaken having regard to the Greater Sydney Commission’s District Plans. It is anticipated that appointments will be made at the TNSW Board meeting on 20 April 2021, with immediate effect.
You should read the nomination form carefully and note the obligations of members of Board Standing Committees, including the requirements to provide a current Working With Children Check and National Police Check. It should also be noted that the Board Entitlements Policy is currently under review. To access the Board Code of Conduct & Ethics please click here.
Questions about the nomination process should be directed to [email protected].