About the Fund
The NSW ATP Cup Tennis Legacy Fund (the Fund) is an initiative established by Tennis NSW and the NSW Government, as a result of securing the ATP Cup Group and Finals matches in Sydney from 2020. The Fund will invest over $6M into community tennis across NSW over three years, targeting infrastructure, facility development and participation programs that support the growth of the game. Funding will be delivered through four categories, each with specific objectives, eligibility criteria and process.
CATEGORIES 2 AND 3
Category 2 is for small to medium facility development or upgrade projects that will increase participation. Category 3 is for the development of targeted programs aligned to participation growth. A total of $900,000 of funding is available over three years (2020, 2021, 2022).
All applicants must carefully review the Fund Guidelines prior to submitting an application.
Applications can be made through the NSW Office of Sport website when the next Round opens.
Program information and resources:
- Fund Guidelines *Round 3 Guidelines (2022) coming soon.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How to Get Project Ready
- Legacy Fund Outline: Information Summary
- Contact your Tennis NSW Regional Tennis Manager or local Club Development Officer to discuss your project.
- General enquiries: [email protected]
- For enquiries regarding using the online grant application system please contact [email protected]
Since the launch of the program, the ATP Cup Legacy Fund has awarded almost $600,000 directly to 48 projects across Categories 2 and 3, leveraging $3.4M in total project value.
Another $300,000 will be available in the third and final round of the program, due to open in early 2022.
Category 1 is for major infrastructure development and will be open on an ongoing basis for the duration of the Legacy Fund.
More than $4m will be directed to significant infrastructure projects to develop new or upgraded key hubs with strategic alignment.
Category 1 will be through an Invited Expression of Interest (EOI) and Business Case submission to Tennis NSW.
Guidelines and Expression of Interest (EOI) submission form coming soon.
Thanks to a further $300,000 investment of the NSW Government through the ATP Cup Legacy Fund Category 4 and other co-contributions, Tennis NSW will deliver:
- Diversity and Inclusion (Play Project) – pilot program and ongoing initiatives aimed at creating greater accessibility to tennis for people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) communities in NSW
- Sheroes program – expansion aimed at expanding the reach of the program to regional and remote areas of NSW, to engage and empower women and girls through tennis
- Sustainable Facility Management Traineeship Course – develop and pilot course to establish pipeline of future tennis venue managers
- Regional coaches and managers program – to improve the provision of Managers and Coaches to regional Tennis Clubs
- New Court access solution – increase court accessibility and venue sustainability through installation of automated gate access locks and the automation of lighting control for Tennis Clubs
Media Release: ATP Cup Legacy Fund a Winner for Community Tennis
Media Release: Legacy Fund serves up support for community tennis
Media Release: NSW ATP Cup Tennis Legacy Fund To Support Local Tennis