As we continue to uphold appropriate standards to stop the spread of COVID-19, it is important that the tennis family supports the NSW Government and the wider community, by continuing to promote limitation of spectators, social distancing and appropriate hygiene protocols. It is as important as ever that we remain vigilant and do not allow ourselves to become complacent in our efforts.
Chief Health Officer, Dr Kerry Chant, has written to all Community Sporting Organisations requesting that additional measures be taken to protect against the spread of COVID-19 – read here.
It is important that our Tennis community remains vigilant and proactive in continuing to promote and practise COVID-19 safe practices and thus effective immediately it is vital the additional protective measures are implemented to ensure the continuation of tennis activities throughout the state.
In addition to the current requirements of the COVID-19 Safety Plan for Tennis Clubs, Associations and Venues, our Tennis community will need to update their COVID-19 Safety Plans detailing the actions that will be implemented to address these new requirements, namely;
- Ensuring processes are in place to exclude participants (including spectators and officials) if they have visited Victoria in the 14 days prior.
- Ensuring processes are in place to exclude participants (including spectators and officials) if they have attended any of the reported case locations listed on the NSW Health website.
- Limiting entry to indoor facilities and fenced venues to one person per participant where practical
- Restricting spectator entry at adult community sport
- Distributing communications to participant databases via e-newsletters, social media and organisations’ websites reinforcing that only parents and carers should attend community sports activities where possible
- Increasing signage in venue carparks and common entry points at outdoor venues
- Making PA announcements at venues reminding people to limit spectators to parents and carers where possible.
Tennis NSW will continue to provide regular updates and associated resources in regard to COVID-19 Safe practices and requirements.
Tennis NSW appreciates the efforts of our tennis family in stopping the spread of COVID-19 and keeping our community safe. If you have any questions please contact your local Club Development Officer or email [email protected].