Players from NSW are taking part in the UTR Junior State Performance Championships, a new series event taking place at Gosford Tennis Centre from 6-19 December.
“While it’s been a tough year for tennis players, we are fortunate in Australia that through UTR we’ve been able to continue to provide competitive opportunities for both juniors and pro players,” UTR Junior State Performance Championships manager Francis Soyer said.
“We know our junior players love any opportunity to compete and come together with their peers, and we hope the UTR State Performance Championships in each city provide a strong platform for juniors of all ages to do so in a fun and competitive way,” Soyer added.
From 6-11 December, 12/U and 16/U players took to the court and produced some great results.
- 12/U Boys Singles; Brian Donnelly defeated Cruz Hewitt 1-6 6-3 10-5
- 12/U Girls Singles; Milena Jandera defeated Bhavya Bhardwaj 3-6 6-3 10-2
- 12/U Boys Doubles; Phinn Suharto/Ritviyah Uppal defeated Cruz Hewitt/Chen Liang 6-2 0-6 10-6
- 12/U Girls Doubles; Vesna Marinkov/Milena Jandera defeated Natalie Gaft/Sandra Stojanovic 4-6 7-5 13-11
- 16/U Boys Singles; Nicholas De Vivo defeated Charlie Camus 6-3 7-6(5)
- 16/U Girls Singles; Baihe Lin defeated Sienna Leeson 6-1 6-2
- 16/U Boys Doubles; Nicholas De Vivo/Cooper Wilkinson defeated Nicholas Bigeni/Haruto Ishikawa 6-1 6-2
- 16/U Girls Doubles; Sarah Rokusek/Gloria Jovic defeated Monica Petrusevski/Sienna Leeson 7-6(2) 6-1
The Wheelchair Event was a round robin event played over two days:
- Winner – Benjamin Wenzel
- Runner-Up – Hayley Slocombe
Another exciting week ahead with 14/U and 18/U age groups playing from 14-19 December.
Congratulations and good luck to all players competing!