The Super 10s is a competition for the up and coming 10 and under tennis players within South Australia. Those players who register will attend a challenge day where they will compete against other players in their respective age group where Tennis Australia staff and additional managers will evaluate their eligibility on the day. There are also two JDS events outlined below that players are encouraged to participate in as further opportunities for green ball matchplay. From the challenge day, the two JDS events and from recent tournament/competition results 16 girls and 16 boys will be selected to compete in the Super 10’s season. These players will be placed in to teams of four, be assigned a team manager who will be on court to support them throughout the competition, and will compete in a round robin format against the other three teams of the same gender. Played with green ball, this competition allows the best 10 year olds in the state to come together and receive quality matchplay against their peers. They have the opportunity to compete in a team and receive advice and support from their team manager throughout. For the players who aren’t selected this time around, there will also be super 10’s training opportunities throughout the term.
(Please note that these dates have been chosen to work around all AR and JDS offerings to ensure as many players as possible are available to compete, as well as to afford players the opportunity to play in all competitions. Please also note that we understand things come up and we will be selecting reserves for the competition, however please register with the intention to commit to all dates set throughout the season).
Term 1, 2022:
|Sunday February 13th 2022||Round 6 & 7||TBC||TBC|
|Sunday February 27th 2022||Round 8||TBC||TBC|
|Sunday March 6th 2022||Round 9||TBC||TBC|
|Saturday March 26th 2022||Finals||TBC||TBC|
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION
As a guideline for participation in Super 10s, players should be able to perform the following green ball key competencies. If unsure, please speak to your child’s private coach to assess whether Super 10s is the appropriate competition for the player’s stage of development.
– Differentiate speed and spin on first and second serves
– Rally crosscourt for 10–15 shots varying height over the net, depth, speed and spin
– Use approach, drive volley, volley and overhead in an offensive way
– Keep great posture and maintain balance from a wide, narrow, and one-legged base
– Display independence; pack their own bag for matches and practice, and complete a regular warm-up routine and practice regularly without the coach
Age eligibility for Super 10s is as follows: Players must be 10 years old for the first term of the season – i.e. players may turn 11 in the school holidays/term 1 and still be eligible to play.
1. Click the following link – revolutioniseSPORT Registration Link
2. Select Register and then ‘South Australia’ from the drop down menu.
3. You will be sent an email with user name, National Member ID and a password reset.
4. Once registered and logged in click on ‘events’ at the top of the page and select SA – Super Summer Season Trial Day, 2021/22
Please note registrations will close 5:00pm October 1st 2021.
For any information please contact Colin Ebelthite, Talent Operations Manager Tennis SA – HQ
E: [email protected]
M: 0434 734 407