Tennis SA Service Awards
The Tennis SA Service Awards recognise persons who have demonstrated their contribution to the sport of tennis through outstanding and exemplary service to Tennis SA. People who have served on Committees of Tennis SA over a prolonged period or have contributed significantly to Association Committee(s) should be considered for a Service Award, as should people who have made a broader contribution to the sport.
There is no length of service inherent in the Service Awards and an award may be granted for special service in a limited time period or for more general service over a longer period. There is no limit on the number of Service Awards that the Council may grant in any one year. Nominations for the Tennis SA Service Awards are to be made by letter to the Tennis SA CEO.
All nominations will be assessed by the Tennis SA Board and endorsed by the Tennis SA Council.
Recipients will receive:
- A Tennis SA Service Award certificate and trophy
- A complimentary invitation for them and their family/close friends to attend the Service Award Ceremony Function
- A complimentary invitation for them and one guest to attend the Volunteer Recognition Cocktail Function, staged prior to the World Tennis Challenge (entry and reserve seat included) Wednesday evening session.
- Acknowledgement in the Tennis SA Annual Report and website
Nominations are invited to be submitted in writing to the CEO by either 30 April or 30 September of each year.
How to nominate:
Compose a letter to the Tennis SA Chief Executive Officer. Receipt can be by either post (Tennis SA, PO Box 43. NORTH ADELAIDE SA 5006) or email.
Key points to include in the letter:
- Position(s) held at affiliate(s)
- Years served in role(s) including dates eg. Club Secretary 1992-1995, President 1995 – 2005
- Details of contribution to affiliate(s) and tennis in general
- Achievements in the game of Tennis.
Some questions to answer in the letter might include:
- What does this person mean to your club, association or region?
- What contribution have they made that has greatly impacted your club, association or region?
- Why does this person continue to be involved?
- What brought them to your club, association or region in the beginning?
- What key club events, competitions or functions have they been involved in?