Key Dates – Season #1 2021
The Super 10s is a competition for the up and coming 10 and under tennis players within South Australia. Those players who register will attend a challenge day where they will compete against other players in their respective age group where Tennis Australia staff and additional managers will evaluate their eligibility on the day. There are also two JDS events outlined below that players are encouraged to participate in as further opportunities for green ball matchplay. From the challenge day, the two JDS events and from recent tournament/competition results 16 girls and 16 boys will be selected to compete in the Super 10’s season. These players will be placed in to teams of four, be assigned a team manager who will be on court to support them throughout the competition, and will compete in a round robin format against the other three teams of the same gender. Played with green ball, this competition allows the best 10 year olds in the state to come together and receive quality matchplay against their peers. They have the opportunity to compete in a team and receive advice and support from their team manager throughout. For the players who aren’t selected this time around, there will also be super 10’s training opportunities throughout the term.
|Sunday February 14th 2021||Challenge Day||Girls 1:30-3:30pm, Boys 3:30-5:30pm|
|Sunday February 21st 2021||Millswood JDS UTR (not compulsory, but encouraged as results will be taken into consideration)||Tournament Entry|
|Sunday February 28th 2021||Seacliff JDS (not compulsory, but encouraged as results will be taken into consideration)||Tournament Entry|
|Friday March 5th 2021||Teams Announced|
|Sunday March 14th 2021||Round 1 & 2||Girls & Boys 9:30am – 1:30pm|
|Sunday March 21st 2021||Round 3 & 4||Girls & Boys 9:30am – 1:30pm|
VENUE: Tennis World – Millswood Complex, Chelmsford Avenue, Millswood SA 5034
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION
As a guideline for participation in Super 10s, players should be able to perform the following green ball key competencies. If unsure, please speak to your child’s private coach to assess whether Super 10s is the appropriate competition for the player’s stage of development.
– Differentiate speed and spin on first and second serves
– Rally crosscourt for 10–15 shots varying height over the net, depth, speed and spin
– Use approach, drive volley, volley and overhead in an offensive way
– Keep great posture and maintain balance from a wide, narrow, and one-legged base
– Display independence; pack their own bag for matches and practice, and complete a regular warm-up routine and practice regularly without the coach
Age eligibility for Super 10s is as follows: Athletes are able to apply for Super 10s provided they do not turn 11 before the Final round in their environment (March 21st) i.e. athletes must be 10 or younger for the entirety of the season.
1. Click the following link – revolutioniseSPORT Registration Link
2. Select Register and then ‘South Australia’ from the drop down menu.
3. You will be sent an email with user name, National Member ID and a password reset.
4. Once registered and logged in click on ‘events’ at the top of the page and select SA – Super 10s Season 1, 2021
Please note registrations will close midday: Friday 12th February 2021
For any issues regarding the Super 10’s registration process above please contact Gemma Harper at [email protected].
For any other information please contact Codie George, Talent Operations Manager SA.
E: [email protected]
M: 0481 917 576