Key Dates – Season #2 2017
Round 1 & 2 – Sunday November 12
Venue: Millswood Tennis Club, Chelmsford Ave, Millswood
Round 3 & 4 – Sunday November 19
Venue: Playford Tennis Club, 50 Spruance Rd, Elizabeth East
Players interested in participating in the Super 10s season will need to register via the link below. Once registered, players will be provided the opportunity to attend training days held in October and November with qualified, experienced coaches and selectors. The dates of these training days will be communicated post Wednesday October 4.
Participation in the following local tournaments will also be considered for selection basis:
Invitations for the subsequent Super 10s season will be sent out after the conclusion of all Training Days. Please note selected players will be required to pay season fees of $100.
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION
As a guideline for participation in Super 10s, players should be able to perform the following green ball key competencies. If unsure, please speak to your child’s private coach to assess whether Super 10s is the appropriate competition for the player’s stage of development.
– Differentiate speed and spin on first and second serves
– Rally crosscourt for 10–15 shots varying height over the net, depth, speed and spin
– Use approach, drive volley, volley and overhead in an offensive way
– Keep great posture and maintain balance from a wide, narrow, and one-legged base
– Display independence; pack their own bag for matches and practice, and complete a regular warm-up routine and practice regularly without the coach
Age eligibility for Super 10s is as follows: Athletes are able to apply for Super 10s provided they do not turn 11 before the Final round in their environment. I.e. athletes must be 10 or younger for the entirety of the season.
In South Australia, this means the athlete’s 11th birthday cannot fall before November 20 to be eligible for Season #2 of Super 10s.
Registrations for Season #2 are now closed.
For more information please contact Andrew Waters, Talent Manager in South Australia.
E: [email protected]
M: 0466 571 442