Key Dates – Season #2 2018
Round 1 & 2 – Sunday November 11
Venue: Millswood Tennis Club, Chelmsford Ave, Millswood
Round 3 & 4 – Sunday November 18
Venue: Playford City Tennis Centre, Spruance Rd, Elizabeth East
Players interested in participating in the Super 10s season will need to register via the link below. Once registered, players will be provided the opportunity to attend training days held in the second week of school holidays October 8-12. The details of training days will be communicated by October 1.
Participation in the following local tournaments will also be considered for selection basis:
|ETKG JDS – September 9|
|Playford JDS – September 16|
|Peake Gardens Bronze JT – 30 Sep til 3 October|
|Tree Gully Gold JT – October 4-7|
|Seaside Gold JT – October 8-12|
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION
As a guideline for participation in Super 10s, players should be able to perform the following green ball key competencies. If unsure, please speak to your child’s private coach to assess whether Super 10s is the appropriate competition for the player’s stage of development.
– Differentiate speed and spin on first and second serves
– Rally crosscourt for 10–15 shots varying height over the net, depth, speed and spin
– Use approach, drive volley, volley and overhead in an offensive way
– Keep great posture and maintain balance from a wide, narrow, and one-legged base
– Display independence; pack their own bag for matches and practice, and complete a regular warm-up routine and practice regularly without the coach
Age eligibility for Super 10s is as follows: Athletes are able to apply for Super 10s provided they do not turn 11 before the Final round in their environment. I.e. athletes must be 10 or younger for the entirety of the season.
In South Australia, this means the athlete’s 11th birthday cannot fall before November 19 to be eligible for Season #2 of Super 10s.
To register for the Season #2 Training Days, please click here.
For more information please contact Andrew Waters, Talent Manager in South Australia.
E: [email protected]
M: 0466 571 442