Key Dates – Season #2 2020
The Super 10s is a competition for the up and coming 10 and under tennis players within South Australia. Those players who register will attend a challenge day where they will compete against other players in their respective age group where Tennis Australia staff and additional managers will evaluate their eligibility on the day. From the challenge day and from recent tournament/competition results 16 girls and 16 boys will be selected to compete in the Super 10’s season. These players will be placed in to teams of four, be assigned a team manager who will be on court to support them throughout the competition, and will compete in a round robin format against the other three teams of the same gender. Played with green ball, this competition allows the best 10 year olds in the state to come together and receive quality matchplay against their peers. They have the opportunity to compete in a team and receive advice and support from their team manager throughout.
|Sunday October 18th 2020||Challenge Day||Girls 8:30-10:30am, Boys 10:30am-12:30pm|
|Sunday November 1st 2020||Round 1||Girls and Boys 8:30-10:30am|
|Sunday November 8th 2020||Round 2||Girls and Boys 8:30-10:30am|
|Sunday November 15th 2020||Round 3||Girls and Boys 8:30-10:30am|
|Sunday November 22nd 2020||Finals Round||Girls and Boys 8:30-10:30am|
VENUE: Tennis World – Millswood Complex, Chelmsford Avenue, Millswood SA 5034
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION
As a guideline for participation in Super 10s, players should be able to perform the following green ball key competencies. If unsure, please speak to your child’s private coach to assess whether Super 10s is the appropriate competition for the player’s stage of development.
– Differentiate speed and spin on first and second serves
– Rally crosscourt for 10–15 shots varying height over the net, depth, speed and spin
– Use approach, drive volley, volley and overhead in an offensive way
– Keep great posture and maintain balance from a wide, narrow, and one-legged base
– Display independence; pack their own bag for matches and practice, and complete a regular warm-up routine and practice regularly without the coach
Age eligibility for Super 10s is as follows: Athletes are able to apply for Super 10s provided they do not turn 11 before the Final round in their environment. I.e. athletes must be 10 or younger for the entirety of the season.
1. Click the following link- https://clicktime.symantec.com/3E51uYD1Q9bPeDgkdJfHYcm7Vc?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.revolutionise.com.au%2Ftennis%2F
2. Select Register and then ‘South Australia’ from the drop down menu.
3. You will be sent an email with user name, National Member ID and a password reset.
4. Once registered and logged in click on ‘events’ at the top of the page and select SA – Super 10s Challenge Day
Please note registrations will close midday: Friday 16th October 2020
For any issues regarding the Super 10’s registration process above please contact Gemma Harper at [email protected].
For any other information please contact Codie George, Talent Operations Manager SA.
E: [email protected]
M: 0481 917 576