The Direction for Public Activities has been updated by South Australian State Coordinator, Commissioner Stevens and will come in to effect at 12.01 am tomorrow, Tuesday 1 December 2020.
We are pleased that this new Direction will see tennis coaching and club organised activities (including social tennis) resume.
A more detailed update will follow tomorrow, however, we wanted to provide a summary this evening to ensure that tennis activities could resume as soon as possible. For more detailed information, please read the Direction for Public Activities (available here).
Summary of South Australian Public Activities COVID-19 Direction (30 November 2020)
- Sport (including sports training), fitness and recreation activities are defined public activities and can recommence tomorrow
- All activities are subject to the density requirement (outdoor: one person per 2 square metres, indoor: one person per 4 square metres) and physical distancing principle (1.5 metres between people)
- The total number of people taking part in a defined public activity at a place must not exceed:
- Outdoor – One person per 2 square metres
- Indoor – One person per 4 square metres
- COVID-Safe plan must be in place for the venue
- The approved contact tracing system (COVID-SAfe Check-In) must be enabled at the venue
- Persons entering the venue must sign in using COVID-SAfe Check-In
- COVID Marshal in attendance at any times of expected high traffic, including times of planned activities
COVID-Safe plans and COVID-SAfe Check-In
- From Monday 30 November, those with a COVID-Safe plan will receive a new COVID-Safe plan via email that includes a QR code to print off and display in a prominent location
- From Tuesday 1 December, attendees will be able to use the mySA GOV app to complete the COVID-SAfe Check-In using the venue’s QR code