Thank you for your patience as we have continued to work through the COVID-19 restrictions affecting our sport.
We can now provide clarification around tennis activities, with restrictions expected to be in place until Tuesday 1 December (subject to change).
- Tennis coaching (all coaching except Cardio Tennis)
- Club organised trainings, competitions and events (including, but not restricted to the following: planned club trainings, internal club social tennis competitions, Inter club competitions, club tournaments)
- Cardio Tennis sessions
- Tennis courts open for a casual hit between mates as a recreational activity (not a club planned activity)
- Indoor meetings (contact tracing records required)
All activities are subject to the density requirement (one person per 4 square metres) and physical distancing principle (1.5 metres between people), as well as our Community Tennis Guidelines (available here).
Clubs must have a COVID Marshal in attendance at any times of expected high traffic, including times of planned activities (Cardio Tennis).
Tennis SA administered competitions
At this stage, restrictions on community sport fixtures are not expected to lift until Tuesday 1 December.
With this in mind, the following Tennis SA administered competitions have been cancelled for Friday 27 and Saturday 28 November.
- State League
- Metro League
- Junior State League
- Green Ball Junior State League
- SDTA Seniors and Juniors
- NETA Juniors
- EDTA Juniors
- EDTA/NETA Combined
We are making this decision now to give clubs certainty that they do not need to organise teams for this weekend and to give players certainty that they can make other plans.
We will provide a further update by Wednesday 2 December for the above listed competitions due to be held on Friday 4 and Saturday 5 December.
Outside of the competitions listed above, the timing for the decision to cancel Friday/Saturday competition will need to be made by the respective Association.
We sincerely thank you for your patience and understanding while we have worked through the above details and we look forward to seeing you all back on court very soon.