We hope that you are staying safe and well during these challenging times.
The Direction for Public Activities has been updated by South Australian State Coordinator, Commissioner Stevens (available here) and will come in to effect at 12.01 am on Sunday 22 November 2020. This Direction is now expected to be in place until Tuesday 1 December 2020.
This is a fast moving situation. Until such time as updated details become available, we can only provide the information listed below. If in doubt, we ask that you please err on the side of caution for the safety of our community.
We ask for your patience and understanding at this time. We will provide you with an update as soon as we can.
Summary of South Australian Public Activities COVID-19 Direction (22 November 2020)
- Indoor or outdoor community sports fixtures and trainings are restricted public activities and must be cancelled (all forms of community tennis fixtures, including social tennis)
- Fitness and recreation activities are defined public activities and are permitted, including group fitness or physical recreation activities open to members of the public – whether on payment of money or otherwise (tennis coaching)
- The total number of people taking part in a defined public activity at a place must not exceed one person per 4 square metres
- Indoor public meetings are permitted (subject to density requirements and physical distancing, contact tracing records required)
- All activities are subject to the density requirement (one person per 4 square metres) and physical distancing principle (1.5 metres between people)
- Onsite purchase and consumption of food and beverages is permitted and are only to be consumed by patrons while seated
- No communal food or beverage service areas (such as buffets, salad bars or communal water/beverage dispensers)
- Where onsite purchase and consumption of food and beverages is available, the total number of persons attending the place cannot exceed 100 people (including outdoor seating)
- Onsite purchase and consumption of food and beverages does not include food and beverages taken away from the premises and snack foods or non-alcoholic beverages consumed by those taking part in fitness and recreation activities
COVID-Safe plans and Marshals
- COVID-Safe plan must be in place for the venue
- COVID Marshal must be in attendance
Tennis SA administered competitions
The following Tennis SA administered competitions have been cancelled for Friday 20 and Saturday 21 November.
- State League
- Metro League
- Junior State League
- Green Ball Junior State League
- SDTA Seniors and Juniors
- NETA Juniors
- EDTA Juniors
- EDTA/NETA Combined
We will provide a further update on Tuesday 24 November for the above listed competitions due to be held on Friday 27 and Saturday 28 November.
Outside of the competitions listed above, the decision to cancel one week or both weeks of Friday/Saturday competition will need to be made by the respective Association.