Thank you for your patience as we have worked through the latest COVID-19 restrictions affecting our state.
The Direction for Public Activities has been updated by South Australian State Coordinator, Commissioner Stevens (available here) and is expected to be in place for two weeks.
Summary of South Australian Public Activities COVID-19 Direction (17 November 2020)
- Indoor or outdoor community sports fixtures and trainings must be cancelled (this includes all organised sport)
- Indoor public meetings are permitted (contact tracing records required)
- All activities are subject to the density requirement (one person per 4 square metres) and physical distancing principle (1.5 metres between people)
- Onsite purchase and consumption of food and beverages is permitted and are only to be consumed by patrons while seated (the total number of people attending a place must not exceed 100 people, including outdoor seating)
- No communal food or beverage service areas (such as buffets, salad bars or communal water/beverage dispensers)
- The total number of persons attending the place does not exceed 100 people (including outdoor seating)
Tennis SA administered competitions
The following Tennis SA administered competitions have been cancelled for Friday 20 and Saturday 21 November.
- State League
- Metro League
- Junior State League
- Green Ball Junior State League
- SDTA Seniors and Juniors
- NETA Juniors
- EDTA Juniors
- EDTA/NETA Combined
We will provide a further update on Tuesday 24 November for the above listed competitions due to be held on Friday 27 and Saturday 28 November.
Outside of the competitions listed above, the decision to cancel one week or both weeks of Friday/Saturday competition will be made by the respective Association.
Organised community sport is not permitted but you may play tennis at a park, as a recreational activity. As mentioned above, all organised community sports fixtures and training must cease.