The second UTR Pro Tennis Series event in Adelaide came to an end this afternoon with Li Tu claiming his second title.
Tu defeated 15-year-old Edward Winter to win the tournament.
Tu claimed a close opening set in 38 minutes, before he went on to win the second set and the match, 6-2 6-2.
“I thought it was a great match and it was really close,” Tu said following the match.
“A really quality opponent for 15-years-old and he actually surprised me a bit. Full credit to Eddie, I think he is a great player.
“I am really stoked to win two in a row, I think it’s a great event.
“I think these events are really getting everyone up and about again. All of a sudden, just a couple of tournaments in Adelaide have got everyone going and wanting to train again, so it’s been really good for us.”
The final UTR Pro Tennis Series event in Adelaide will commence on Tuesday 28 July 2020.
UTR Pro Tennis Series Adelaide Event 2 results
Wednesday 22 July 2020
 Li Tu (SA) def.  Edward Winter (SA) 6-2 6-2
All matches were streamed via Tennis Australia’s YouTube channel here.
UTR Pro Tennis Series – Adelaide
UTR Pro Tennis Series Adelaide Tournaments Calendar
Round 1: 5-8 July
Round 2: 19-22 July
Round 3: 28-31 July
Biosecurity, health and safety protocols
- Daily health and temperature checks for all on-site personnel
- Physical distancing of 1.5 metres
- Minimal personnel on site including no fans and ballkids, reduced linespeople
- Additional hygiene practices and measures in place, including encouraging frequent handwashing and use of hand sanitiser
- Thorough cleaning practices, including between matches
- Players will tap racquet instead of shaking hands
- Separate player benches and players encouraged to change ends on opposite sides of the court
- Players advised to bring own towels, food and drinks
- Players to spend minimal time onsite and encouraged to arrive, play and depart, not use showers within the venue and limit their time in any communal area, all in accordance with the AIS Framework for Rebooting Sport.
What is a UTR?
Universal Tennis Rating (UTR) is an international tennis rating system that connects millions of tennis players around the world to help them find better matches locally. UTR reflects a player’s current skill level based on head-to-head match scores, and rates all players across age, gender and nationality on the same 16-point scale. Every player can have a UTR – from the pros to juniors to social tennis players.