The Office for Recreation, Sport and Racing recently announced the successful applicants for the 2019-20 Community Recreation and Sports Facilities Program.
Thanks to the Office for Recreation, Sport and Racing, the following venues will receive financial assistance to improve their facilities:
- Golden Grove Tennis Club for installation of new clubrooms
- East Adelaide Payneham Tennis Club to assist with surface, fencing, lighting storeroom and shelter upgrade
- Melrose Tennis Club for court upgrades
- Grange Lawn Tennis Club for surface upgrades and,
- Court surface, fencing, access and lighting upgrade at Buttery Reserve, Norwood.
Tennis SA General Manager – Venues and Government Relations, Brett Hidson described the importance of funding support for venues and clubs.
“The grant funding received will allow further development of community tennis venues across the state which would not have otherwise been possible,” Hidson said.
“This funding is important for allowing clubs to deliver new programs in safer and welcoming environments.”
The Office for Recreation, Sport and Racing Community Recreation and Sport Facilities Program helps eligible organisations to establish or improve sport and active recreation facilities that meet the needs of the community in South Australia. Further information on this program can be found here.