Due to recent announcements from the NSW Government and in line with the new Community Tennis Guidelines released on 13 May, we are pleased to announce the recommencement of the Sydney Badge Competition from SATURDAY 6 JUNE. Sydney Badge is the oldest tennis competition in the Sydney Metro region with over 1200 participants and we look forward to being able to get these players back on the court in a competitive environment.
The details of the 2020 competition will be as follows:
- 16-week competition
- Commencing on SATURDAY 6 JUNE
- Finals to be played on 19 SEPTEMBER (play will continue during school holidays and long weekends)
- Thursday competition will re-commence on THURSDAY 11 JUNE
Play & Go procedures will be adhered to at all competition venues to ensure that we maintain the level of hygiene and social distancing required to keep our community safe. All players will only attend the centre to play their match and should leave the centre immediately following the completed match.
INFORMATION FOR SYDNEY BADGE PLAYERS
The next steps:
- TNSW Competitions Team will be in touch with each Badge Delegate to ascertain which teams are ready to ‘Opt In’ to the re-commencement of the competition.
- Teams would be accepting to play in the current competition setup, and abiding by the above regulations.
- No grading requests will be considered
- Any team member changes should be managed by the Badge Delegate through League Manager.
- Further details on the Thursday Competition to be considered once team responses are confirmed.
- Once the complete field of available teams is finalised the draw will be communicated to all participants through Match Centre.
- Please note: some re-grading may be necessary to ensure competitive divisions. This will be carried out by the Sydney Badge Panel. No appeals regarding these changes will be considered.
- Pending any schedule change requests, we hope to provide a revised draw by MONDAY 1 JUNE.
Please note all Badge enquiries should be sent to your Badge Delegate in the first instance.
For more information on the Sydney Badge competition click here.