The third and final UTR Pro Tennis Series event in Adelaide came to an end this afternoon with Li Tu completing the clean sweep.
Tu defeated Sean Van Rensburg to win the tournament, and all three Adelaide events.
Tu served strongly throughout the match, winning almost 90% of points off of his first serve. Tu went on to claim the first set in 37 minutes and the momentum continued in the second as he went on to win the match, 6-4 6-3.
“I thought it was really close today. We’ve played each other a lot of times, but I thought Sean’s serving patterns and patterns of play were a bit different today which caught me off guard,” Tu said following the match.
“Credit to Sean I thought he played a lot better than the last two matches we’ve played and I wish him all the best.
“I think it has been a great competition. Yesterday I had a bit of a scare, Lawrence [Bataljin] played unbelievable and I feel pretty lucky to be winning this third event.”
UTR Pro Tennis Series Adelaide Event 3 results
Friday 31 July 2020
 Li Tu (SA) def.  Sean Van Rensburg (SA) 6-4 6-3
All matches were streamed via Tennis Australia’s YouTube channel here.
UTR Pro Tennis Series – Adelaide
UTR Pro Tennis Series Adelaide Tournaments Calendar
Round 1: 5-8 July
Round 2: 19-22 July
Round 3: 28-31 July
Biosecurity, health and safety protocols
- Daily health and temperature checks for all on-site personnel
- Physical distancing of 1.5 metres
- Minimal personnel on site including no fans and ballkids, reduced linespeople
- Additional hygiene practices and measures in place, including encouraging frequent handwashing and use of hand sanitiser
- Thorough cleaning practices, including between matches
- Players will tap racquet instead of shaking hands
- Separate player benches and players encouraged to change ends on opposite sides of the court
- Players advised to bring own towels, food and drinks
- Players to spend minimal time onsite and encouraged to arrive, play and depart, not use showers within the venue and limit their time in any communal area, all in accordance with the AIS Framework for Rebooting Sport.
What is a UTR?
Universal Tennis Rating (UTR) is an international tennis rating system that connects millions of tennis players around the world to help them find better matches locally. UTR reflects a player’s current skill level based on head-to-head match scores, and rates all players across age, gender and nationality on the same 16-point scale. Every player can have a UTR – from the pros to juniors to social tennis players.