“I’ve been playing some really good tennis in the last couple of months. Even in practice I definitely notice that my level has improved so I knew a result wasn’t too far off.”
— Olivia Rogowska, 16 Oct 2016
» Rogowska breaks drought to claim Cairns title
- Started playing tennis aged five when father, Slavek, introduced her to the game.
- First realised she was good enough to become pro when she won her first $25,000 ITF title (Sorrento) at age 17
- Made here Grand Slam debut at the 2009 Australian Open as a wildcard
- Achieved a top 150 WTA ranking in 2014 following titles in Launceston and Sacramento
- Her dream is to play at all the Grand Slams tournaments
- Favourite shot is her backhand and favourite surface is clay
- Says the toughest opponent she’s faced is Li Na
- Match she most wishes she could replay would be her 2009 US Open first round loss to world No.1 Dinara Safina (Rogowska lost 6-7(5) 6-2 6-4)
- Speaks English and Polish
- Player she most admires is former former world No.1 Steffi Graf
- Favourite AFL team is St Kilda Football Club, favourite actor is Adam Sandler and favourite music genre is dance
- Hobbies include playing the piano, soccer, practising yoga and reading
- Her mother is Joanna and she has a sister, Sylvia.
Year-end singles ranking history
2017 Cairns ITF
2016 Cairns ITF
2014 Launceston ITF, Sacramento ITF
2012 Burnie ITF, Rockhampton ITF, Esperance ITF
2011 Alice Springs ITF, Port Pirie ITF
2010 Darwin ITF
2009 Esperance ITF
2008 Sorrento ITF
2015 Campinas ITF
2013 Landisville ITF
2012 Sydney ITF, Port Pirie ITF, Margaret River ITF, Bendigo ITF
2011 Bundaberg ITF
2009 Kalgoorlie ITF, Bundaberg ITF
Olivia Rogowska in the news
With the first three months of the season complete, we take a look at how the top Aussie players have fared in the first quarter, and what lies ahead for the claycourt season.
Seeded Aussies Ash Barty and Daria Gavrilova could meet in the fourth round of the Miami Open - but first they must deal with numerous threats in the draw.
Four Australians are in the draw at this week's combined ATP/WTA event in Acapulco, Mexico - and that number could increase.
Sam Stosur had to fight but she managed to overcome a decent challenge by German Carina Witthoeft.