Inclusion & Diversity
Find out about playing opportunities for players of differing abilities or backgrounds at a tennis club near you.
WheelchairFind out more
Hearing ImpairedFind out more
Intellectual ImpairmentFind out more
Visually ImpairedFind out more
IndigenousFind out more
CoachingFind out more
MulticulturalFind out more
Associated OrganisationsFind out more
Tennis welcomes all members of our society to participate in the sport, ensuring all people have opportunities in our sport.
We aim to break down barriers and create environments where every person with feels confident to pick up a racquet and have a go no matter what their ability. After all, small changes in attitude on a community level can lead to huge steps in social attitudes all over the world.
How we can help
- Provide opportunities for people of all abilities to be involved and participate in tennis, including sensory, physical, psychological and intellectual impairments
- Make available a variety of tennis playing options at all levels from a recreational to competitive level, from local to elite international standards
- Provide advice, information, guidance, support and resources for all clubs and communities that want to become inclusive to players of differing abilities
- Promote tennis for people of all abilities in all areas of the community
- Provide access to opportunities aligned to those offered to able body tennis players
- Encourage tennis clubs and associations to undertake or to be involved in inclusive programs for people of all abilities
- Provide greater support to encourage people of all abilities to take on roles across the whole of the sport, including as players, coaches, administrators and officials
PLAYERS, PARENTS AND CARERS
Got a question?
If you would like to learn more about tennis for players of differing abilities, please contact [email protected]