We aim to break down barriers and create environments where every person with feels confident to pick up a racquet and have a go no matter what their ability. After all, small changes in attitude on a community level can lead to huge steps in social attitudes all over the world.
How we can help
- Provide opportunities for people of all abilities to be involved and participate in tennis, including sensory, physical, psychological and intellectual impairments
- Make available a variety of tennis playing options at all levels from a recreational to competitive level, from local to elite international standards
- Provide advice, information, guidance, support and resources for all clubs and communities that want to become inclusive to players of differing abilities
- Promote tennis for people of all abilities in all areas of the community
- Provide access to opportunities aligned to those offered to able body tennis players
- Encourage tennis clubs and associations to undertake or to be involved in inclusive programs for people of all abilities
- Provide greater support to encourage people of all abilities to take on roles across the whole of the sport, including as players, coaches, administrators and officials
> Officiating and volunteers
> Best ways to communicate
> Appropriate terminology
PLAYERS, PARENTS AND CARERS
> Parents and carers
> Tennis players
> Coaching tennis
> Modify activities for players with a disability (TREE)
Here you can find out what programs Tennis Australia has for:
> Indigenous players
> Multicultural (CALD) groups
Got a question?
If you would like to learn more about tennis for players of differing abilities, please contact [email protected].