The Australian Tennis Foundation (ATF) aims to inspire brighter futures for disadvantaged children and young people through tennis. As the Official Charity of Tennis Australia and the Australian Open, we use tennis as a vehicle to reduce social disadvantage and increase social cohesion. We do this by:
Improving access and equity to engagement with tennis for young people through:
- Providing support to young people facing financial disadvantage to engage with tennis
- Delivering tennis programs to targeted communities facing significant disadvantage
- Partnering with reputable youth/community agencies
Developing a sense of belonging and community through experience with tennis by:
- Delivering opportunities for marginalized groups or communities recovering from natural disaster to gather for social interaction, celebration and recreation.
- Providing relief and respite from challenging life circumstances for young people and their families
The Gallipoli Youth Cup was officially launched in Melbourne on Wednesday, with the battle for 2014 honours now under way on the clay courts at Melbourne Park.