- Born14 June 1989
- LivesBrisbane, Queensland
- Height184 cm
- CoachGary Stickler
- Pro Since2006
“Really disappointed. MRI results have confirmed I have a significant shoulder injury forcing me to withdraw from #rolandgarros #atp #tennis.”
— John Millman, 21 May 2013
» Injury cruels Millman’s French bid
- Started playing tennis aged four because his four sisters, Shona, Kara, Tessa and Bronte, all played.
- Captured back-to-back ITF Junior singles and doubles titles in New Caledonia and Fiji in 2006.
- Claimed his maiden ITF Futures Pro Circuit singles title in Traralgon in 2008.
- Captured his maiden ITF Futures Pro Circuit doubles title in Bulgaria in 2009.
- Secured his first Challenger title in Sacramento, USA in 2010 alongside two further ITF Futures titles.
- Broke into the world’s top 200 in 2010.
- Reached the final of the Challenger in Busan, South Korea in 2012.
- Credits his parents who encouraged him to complete his schooling, which he believes has affected his game in a positive way.
- Favourite player is Mario Ancic because he attained a law degree while touring as a tennis professional.
- Biggest strength is his mental toughness.
- Ambition is to simply enjoy himself when he plays.
- His parents are Shona, a teacher, and Ron, a tennis centre owner.
- Hobbies include movies, music, running, soccer and golf.
- Favourite band are The Killers and The Temper Trap.
- Favourite places in the world are Brisbane, Melbourne, New York and London.
Year-end singles ranking history
2013 Burnie Challenger, Kyoto Challenger
2010 Australia F2 ITF, Australia F6 ITF, Sacramento Challenger
2009 Australia F10 ITF
2008 Australia F8 ITF
2012 Australia F4 ITF, Busan Challenger
2010 USA F9 ITF, Australia F7 ITF
2009 Bulgaria F2 ITF, Australia F6 ITF, Australia F9 ITF
2008 Romania F1 ITF
John Millman in the news
Aussie world No.1 junior Nick Kyrgios was given the opportunity of a lifetime at Roland Garros, enjoying a two-hour hit-out with world No.1 Novak Djokovic.
Australian John Millman has been forced to withdraw from the French Open due to a shoulder injury.
Recently awarded a French Open main draw wildcard, Queenslander John Millman chats to Australian Tennis Magazine about his career best season in 2013.
Aussies John Millman and Ash Barty have received wildcards into the French Open main draw, while Nick Nick Kyrgios has been handed a qualifying wildcard.