- Born14 June 1989
- LivesBrisbane, Queensland
- Height184 cm
- CoachGary Stickler
- Pro Since2006
“The key thing with tennis is not to rest on your laurels. You've got to keep on pushing forward. That's what I hopefully can do. I got to just keep on trying to get better each time I get out on court.”
— John Millman, 25 Nov 2016
» Newcombe Medal: Millman becomes tour fixture
- Started playing tennis aged four because his four sisters, Shona, Kara, Tessa and Bronte, all played.
- Captured back-to-back ITF Junior singles and doubles titles in New Caledonia and Fiji in 2006.
- Claimed his maiden ITF Futures Pro Circuit singles title in Traralgon in 2008.
- Captured his maiden ITF Futures Pro Circuit doubles title in Bulgaria in 2009.
- Secured his first Challenger title in Sacramento, USA in 2010 alongside two further ITF Futures titles.
- Broke into the world’s top 200 in 2010.
- Reached the final of the Challenger in Busan, South Korea in 2012.
- Credits his parents who encouraged him to complete his schooling, which he believes has affected his game in a positive way.
- Favourite player is Mario Ancic because he attained a law degree while touring as a tennis professional.
- Biggest strength is his mental toughness.
- Ambition is to simply enjoy himself when he plays.
- His parents are Shona, a teacher, and Ron, a tennis centre owner.
- Hobbies include movies, music, running, soccer and golf.
- Favourite band are The Killers and The Temper Trap.
- Favourite places in the world are Brisbane, Melbourne, New York and London.
Year-end singles ranking history
2015 Lexington Challenger, Aptos Challenger, Kobe Challenger
2014 Korea F10 ITF, Korea F11 ITF, Traralgon Challenger, Yokohama Challenger
2013 Burnie Challenger, Kyoto Challenger
2010 Australia F2 ITF, Australia F6 ITF, Sacramento Challenger
2009 Australia F10 ITF
2008 Australia F8 ITF
2015 Kyoto Challenger, Vicenza Challenger
2014 Tiburon Challenger
2012 Australia F4 ITF, Busan Challenger
2010 USA F9 ITF, Australia F7 ITF
2009 Bulgaria F2 ITF, Australia F6 ITF, Australia F9 ITF
2008 Romania F1 ITF
John Millman in the news
Paralympic gold medallist and Australian Open champion Dylan Alcott has completed an incredible 2016 season by winning the Newcombe Medal.
John Millman enjoyed a solid season on the ATP tour in 2016 in which he established himself as a consistent threat in the men's game.
Alcott, Gavrilova, Millman, Peers, Stosur and Thompson nominated for Newcombe Medal 2016.
Queenslanders Sam Stosur, Bernard Tomic and John Millman have announced they will return to the Brisbane International as the Queensland Government signed on with the event for a…