Key Dates – Season #2 Term 3 – 2016
Venue: Bendigo Tennis Association, Nolan St, Bendigo VIC 3550
|Challenge Day||Saturday July 30||12:30 – 2:30pm|
|Training Day||Saturday August 6||12:30 – 2:30pm|
|Round 1||Saturday August 13||12:30 – 2:30pm|
|Round 2||Saturday August 20||12:30 – 2:30pm|
|Round 3||Saturday August 27||12:30 – 2:30pm|
|Final Round||Saturday September 3||12:30 – 2:30pm|
Please note – for Season 2 2016, Super 10s and Super 12s will run simultaneously under the one competition banner. This will allow us to better coordinate a range of competitive opportunities for players participating the in the league. Therefore age eligibility for the upcoming season is as follows: Athletes are able to apply for Super 10s/12s from the 2003 and younger birthyears provided they do not turn 13 before the final round on September 3 I.e. athletes must be 12 or younger for the entirety of the season.
As a guideline for participation in the competition, players should be able to perform the following green ball key competencies. If unsure, please speak to your child’s private coach to assess whether this is the appropriate competition for the player’s stage of development.
– Differentiate speed and spin on first and second serves
– Rally crosscourt for 10–15 shots varying height over the net, depth, speed and spin
– Use approach, drive volley, volley and overhead in an offensive way
– Keep great posture and maintain balance from a wide, narrow, and one-legged base
– Display independence; pack their own bag for matches and practice, and complete a regular warm-up routine and practice regularly without the coach
**PLEASE NOTE: Successful participants will be required to pay season fees of $120.
Registrations for the Season #2 Challenge Day are now closed.
For more information please contact Ash Naumann, Talent Development Manager – VIC.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0413 021 148