At the discretion of the Gold Coast Regional Assembly, changes have been made to the Gold Coast Junior Teams Carnival selection criteria. These changes will be in place from 2017, and therefore used for the selection of the 2017 JTC players.
These changes can be viewed below. For any questions or queries please contact the Gold Coast Regional Assembly at [email protected]
Gold Coast Junior Teams Selection Criteria – as of 2017
- The top 48 players who nominate can gain selection in the Gold Coast Team. This gives a total of 24 girls and 24 boys as required by Tennis Queensland to participate against the other regions.
- All payers must nominate in order to gain selection in the Gold Coast Team (11/u, 13/u, 15/u & 17/u) irrespective of the players Australian Ranking or JDS Point Score.
- The top 4 Australian Ranked Players, as of 31st October, followed by the next 2 highest ranked Junior Development Series Players, determined by JDS point rankings, will be eligible for selection into the Gold Coast Team.
- All players must nominate for their own regions in which they reside. A position in the Gold Coast Team will only be offered to players whom reside in the Gold Coast Region, irrespective of the players Australian Ranking or JDS Point Score. Positions in the Gold Coast Team will be offered to players outside of the region if the Gold Coast Teams are not full one week after the close date for nominations.
- Once players have accepted their invitation to be part of the Gold Coast Team, their placement into the A or B will be based on their national Australian Ranking.
- All final decisions will be at the discretion of the Gold Coast Regional Assembly in conjunction with Tennis Queensland.