Expressions of interest are now open for Central Queensland Junior Development Series (JDS) players whom are interested in nominating themselves to have the opportunity to be selected in the Central Region Team for the upcoming Queensland Junior Teams Carnival in Brisbane from the 9th – 13th December 2017.
With 6 boys and 6 girls in each age division for 11/U, 13/U & 15/U and 3 boys and 3 girls in the 17/U age division, 42 players in total will represent our region against the best of the rest in Queensland.
The Queensland Junior Teams Carnival held in 5 various locations in Brisbane, is the most gruelling yet most enjoyable event on the junior tennis calendar, and is the largest team event in Queensland. Featuring singles, doubles and mixed doubles, plus the separate Gold Junior Tour singles event (carrying gold points for 12/U, 14/U, 16/U and 18/U), the Queensland Junior Teams Carnival is the biggest and the best!!
Nominations Close on the 31st October, 2017 (date subject to change). Contact Lauren McDonald by phoning 0428 348 957 or email [email protected] to nominate.
Selection Criteria to Represent the Central Region:
- Players must nominate their interest in being selected in the Central Region Team with Lauren McDonald by the EOI deadline of 31st October 2017 (date subject to change) by phoning 0428 348 957.
- The top 42 players who nominate can gain selection in the Central Region Team (11/U, 13/U, 15/U and 17/U divisions). This gives a total of 21 boys and 21 girls as required by Tennis Queensland to participate against the other regions of Queensland.
- Only players who nominate, (you can only represent in one age division only), will be eligible at the Central Regional Assembly’s final discretion.
- To represent the Central Region you must be a Central Region Player and have competed in at least 1 CQ Junior Development Series (JDS) Circuit Tournament to be eligible for team selection.
- Players will be selected in the Central Region Team based on their overall performance throughout the year and results from the CQ Junior Development Series Circuit Tournaments and also Australian Ranking (AR) tournaments.
- If more than 6 boys and 6 girls have nominated in the same age group, Australian Ranking Points and CQ Junior Development Series Circuit Points will be used to select team positions.
- If there is insufficient nominations in any particular age group, the Central Regional Assembly Committee will contact players personally, and those players whom have participated in 4 or more CQ Junior Development Series Circuit Tournaments will be notified first in these instances.
- If the Central Regional Assembly Committee is unable to fill all required positions for both boys and girls in each age divisions, than the remainder of team positions will be sourced from other regions. However please note, that this will only occur if no Central Region players are available to fill these positions, after all, we want all Central Region players to play for our region before asking other regions to fill in.Note: Players whom are not selected in the Central Region Team that have expressed interest in team selection, will go onto our “Reserves Player List” and will have the opportunity to play if another Central player is unable to play after selection or also has the opportunity to play for another region that is in need of players to fill their team.
Don’t miss out on your chance to nominate your interest in having the opportunity to be selected for the Central Region Team! It is a fun and fantastic week of tennis in a friendly and supportive team environment!
For further details contact Lauren McDonald by phoning 0428 348 957 or via email [email protected]