Please be advised that elections will be held for the following board positions at the upcoming Tennis Queensland (TQ) Annual General Meeting, to be held on Saturday 29 October 2016:
- One (1) President position (three year term)
- One (1) Director position (three year term)
We’re moving into an exciting time for the sport in Queensland. Registered Player numbers have surpassed 70,000 thanks to the passion and dedication of our affiliates, volunteers, coaches and teachers. Our introductory program, ANZ Tennis Hot Shots grows every year and with the recent launch of Hot Shots Leagues, we are seeing more kids playing in team-based, social and competitive environments that are encouraging them to continue with the sport for life. Engagement with local government is stronger than ever, providing tennis with more opportunities to build courts in high demand areas of Queensland and the roll-out of Tennis Australia’s Book a Court software and Gate Access System is promising to be revolutionary to the way we reconnect with occasional and casual players.
Tennis Queensland is embarking on the development of a new Strategic Plan for 2017 – 2020. Elected Directors will play a significant role overseeing and endorsing this Plan as well as supporting our staff, volunteers and stakeholders who strive to make tennis a part of life for every Queenslander.
Although we have achieved much, the opportunities and challenges in the near future will be even greater, and we need capable and committed people. Consequently, the current Tennis Queensland Board has developed a list of skills (refer to point c below) needed to supplement the expertise of our existing directors and to help navigate the short and long term strategic challenges and opportunities.
To nominate, please refer to the links below:
Nominees are required to complete and return the following with this nomination form:
- Covering letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Actual, potential or perceived conflicts of interest you have with Tennis Queensland and what measures you intend taking to mitigate them
- (Optional) The Board has considered the preferred mix of skills and also identified areas where the TQ Board should ideally be strengthened. To assist in the assessment of nominations by Members, please provide information regarding how the applicant’s skills and experience might fulfill any of the following specific skill sets.
- Passion – a genuine interest and passion in advancing the sport of tennis in Queensland
- Strategy – strategic thinking and experience with developing and delivering on strategic plans and objectives
- Mentoring – experience in mentoring and developing organizational capability and capacity
- Risk – an understanding of risk management and planning
- Financial literacy – accountancy qualifications or a strong ability to understand financial statements and arrangements
- Government experience / understanding – knowledge of and/or contacts in local, State or Federal government, especially in relation to funding of projects
- Business networks – strong corporate / business and sporting relationships and experience in fostering these relationships to assist the sport and attract partnerships and sponsorships
- Industry Knowledge – experience with developing and running sporting clubs and centres
The above necessary documents must be received no later than Wednesday 28 September 2016 either by email, postal or hand delivered, and be addressed to the TQ Returning Officer (Geoff Quinlan, Chief Executive Officer).
Email – [email protected]
Postal – Tennis Queensland, 190 King Arthur Terrace, Tennyson, Queensland, 4105
Hand delivered – TQ offices, Queensland Tennis Centre, 190 King Arthur Terrace, Tennyson, Queensland