- Born19 May 1993
- Birth PlaceBrisbane, Queensland
- LivesBrisbane, Queensland
- Height179 cm
- CoachBen Mathias & David Hodge
- Pro Since2008
“I’ve always dreamt of playing in the US Open main draw. I’ve worked pretty hard over the last 12 months and it’s paid off.”
— Jason Kubler, 14 Aug 2018
» Kubler awarded US Open wildcard
- Began playing tennis when his father introduced him to the game, aged five.
- With his powerful build and heavy-hitting playing style, he’s been described as a right-handed version of Rafael Nadal.
- Led the 2009 Junior Davis Cup team to victory, remaining undefeated in singles and doubles.
- Davis Cup triumph was part of a 36-match winning streak in 2009 that also reaped five junior ITF titles.
- Won the Optus 18s Australian Championships in 2009, defeating Ben Mitchell in the final.
- Made his Grand Slam debut at the 2010 Australian Open.
- Won his first ITF Futures events in 2011, securing back-to-back titles in Texas and Alabama.
- Member of the 2012 Australian Institute of Sport Pro Tour Program.
- Won first ATP Challenger title in Sibiu, Romania in 2014; one of four titles he won that year to finish season ranked No.136.
- Qualified at Wimbledon in 2018, marking the first time he had won three qualifying rounds to reach a Grand Slam main draw.
- Cracked ATP top 100 (at No.99) on 20 August 2018 after reaching final of Vancouver Challenger.
- Players he admires are Roger Federer, Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi.
- Dream is to win all four Grand Slam titles and to be world No.1.
- Favourite surface is clay.
- Sporting hero is Lance Armstrong.
- Enjoys hanging out with his mates in his spare time.
- Good friends with fellow player Ben Mitchell.
- Hobbies include Rugby League.
Year-end singles ranking history
2018 Winnipeg Challenger
2014 Spain F1 ITF, Netherlands F3 ITF, Italy F24 ITF, Sibiu Challenger
2013 Italy F4 ITF, Spain F37 ITF, Egypt F36 ITF
2012 U.S.A F4 ITF, Australia F4 ITF
2011 U.S.A F28 ITF, U.S.A F29 ITF
2018 Vancouver Challenger
2014 Egypt F3 ITF, Spain F2 ITF, Lima Challenger
2013 Bundaberg F5 ITF
2012 Turkey F25 ITF, Australia F3 ITF, U.S.A F3 ITF, U.S.A F1 ITF, Spain F30 ITF
2010 Australia F3 ITF
Jason Kubler in the news
Wildcard Sam Stosur joins 16th seed Ash Barty and world No.33 Daria Gavrilova in the main draw at the Wuhan Open, one of the biggest stops on the WTA Tour.
Impressive performances at the US Open have boosted John Millman and Alex De Minaur to career-high rankings. Australia now has four men inside the top 50 for the first time since…
Jason Kubler suffers injury heartbreak at the US Open while Daria Gavrilova proves no match for a resurgent Victoria Azarenka.
Daria Gavrilova faces Victoria Azarenka, Ash Barty takes on Lucie Safarova and Jason Kubler tackles Taylor Fritz on day three of the US Open.