- Born19 May 1993
- Birth PlaceBrisbane, Queensland
- LivesBrisbane, Queensland
- Height179 cm
- CoachBen Mathias & David Hodge
- Pro Since2008
“The actual struggle was accepting that I really do have another knee issue, and I’ll have to go through it all again.”
— Jason Kubler, 14 Jan 2019
» Kubler back on track after latest knee setback
- Began playing tennis when his father introduced him to the game, aged five.
- With his powerful build and heavy-hitting playing style, he’s been described as a right-handed version of Rafael Nadal.
- Led the 2009 Junior Davis Cup team to victory, remaining undefeated in singles and doubles.
- Davis Cup triumph was part of a 36-match winning streak in 2009 that also reaped five junior ITF titles.
- Won the Optus 18s Australian Championships in 2009, defeating Ben Mitchell in the final.
- Made his Grand Slam debut at the 2010 Australian Open.
- Won his first ITF Futures events in 2011, securing back-to-back titles in Texas and Alabama.
- Member of the 2012 Australian Institute of Sport Pro Tour Program.
- Won first ATP Challenger title in Sibiu, Romania in 2014; one of four titles he won that year to finish season ranked No.136.
- Qualified at Wimbledon in 2018, marking the first time he had won three qualifying rounds to reach a Grand Slam main draw.
- Cracked ATP top 100 (at No.99) on 20 August 2018 after reaching final of Vancouver Challenger.
- Players he admires are Roger Federer, Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi.
- Dream is to win all four Grand Slam titles and to be world No.1.
- Favourite surface is clay.
- Sporting hero is Lance Armstrong.
- Enjoys hanging out with his mates in his spare time.
- Good friends with fellow player Ben Mitchell.
- Hobbies include Rugby League.
Year-end singles ranking history
2018 Winnipeg Challenger
2014 Spain F1 ITF, Netherlands F3 ITF, Italy F24 ITF, Sibiu Challenger
2013 Italy F4 ITF, Spain F37 ITF, Egypt F36 ITF
2012 U.S.A F4 ITF, Australia F4 ITF
2011 U.S.A F28 ITF, U.S.A F29 ITF
2018 Vancouver Challenger
2014 Egypt F3 ITF, Spain F2 ITF, Lima Challenger
2013 Bundaberg F5 ITF
2012 Turkey F25 ITF, Australia F3 ITF, U.S.A F3 ITF, U.S.A F1 ITF, Spain F30 ITF
2010 Australia F3 ITF
Jason Kubler in the news
Jordan Thompson, Matt Ebden and John Millman boosted Australia's first-round winner's list to eight players with solid outings at Melbourne Park on Monday.
Despite an injury-plagued AO lead-up, Jason Kubler believes vital match practice in Sydney and Kooyong have prepared him well for just his third main-draw appearance at Melbourne…
Nick Kyrgios and Bernard Tomic have drawn Milos Raonic and Marin Cilic respectively in the first round at Melbourne Park, while Alex De Minaur could face Rafael Nadal in the last…
Alex De Minaur and Lleyton Hewitt have received a wildcard into the doubles draw of the Brisbane International.