A great way to start your coaching journey, the Trainee Coaching Course (Frm. Community Coaching Course) is suitable for those who would like to begin coaching Tennis, or who are currently coaching, under the guidance of a qualified Tennis coach. This course trains coaches to develop the skills of junior tennis players with a focus on the Hot Shots Tennis program.
The majority of time during the course is spent on-court with participants actively learning to deliver coaching sessions where players serve, rally and score using modified balls, racquets, nets and courts appropriate to the developmental needs of junior players.
Aim of the course:
- Prepare you to conduct Hot Shots Tennis activities
- Introduce you to the role and responsibilities of a Tennis coach
- Introduce you to basic coaching methods
- Update your knowledge of the Tennis Australia coaching pathway
- Update your knowledge of the Hot Shots Tennis program
- Conduct Blue, Red and Orange stage activities
- Use the Tennis Australia Coach Premium App
- Conduct safe Tennis activities for junior players
- Relevant State/Territory Working with Children Check
- Minimum age – 16 years
- National Police Check
The course is two days in duration with the majority of time spent on-court participating in activity-based learning.
- Trainee coach members
- Assistant coaches
Tennis Australia Trainee Coach – These coaches are responsible for delivering Hot Shots Tennis sessions for players aged 4-12 years under the guidance of a qualified Tennis coach.
When and where is the next course?
How do I enrol?
Click the ‘Enrol Now‘ link is located under the course name on the course calendar. If you have additional questions, please contact the Coach Development Specialist in your state or territory.