A great way to start your coaching journey, the Community coaching course is suitable for those who would like to begin coaching tennis, or who are currently coaching, under the guidance of a qualified tennis coach. This course trains coaches to develop the skills of junior tennis players with a focus on the ANZ Tennis Hot Shots program.
The majority of time during the course is spent on-court with participants actively learning to deliver coaching sessions where players serve, rally and score using modified balls, racquets, nets and courts appropriate to the developmental needs of junior players.
Aim of the course:
- Prepare you to conduct ANZ Tennis Hot Shots activities
- Introduce you to the role and responsibilities of a tennis coach
- Introduce you to basic coaching methods
- Update your knowledge of the Tennis Australia coaching pathway
- Update your knowledge of the ANZ Tennis Hot Shots program
- Conduct Blue, Red, Orange and Green stage activities
- Use the Tennis Australia Hot Shots App
- Conduct safe tennis activities for junior players
- Relevant State/Territory Working with Children Check
- Minimum age – 16 years
The course is three days in duration with the majority of time spent on-court participating in activity-based learning.
- Trainee coach members
- Assistant coaches
Tennis Australia Community coach
These coaches are responsible for delivering ANZ Tennis Hot Shots sessions for players aged 4-12 years under the guidance of a Head coach.
When and where is the next course?
How do I enrol?
To enrol in the Tennis Australia Community Coaching Course please contact the Coach Development Coordinator in your state or territory. Contact Us