“It’s been quite a hard slog over the last few months, just to feel myself again and not really understanding concussion. I just didn’t know it was going to affect me as much as it did. I did have a heavy fall, and it was not fun.”
— Casey Dellacqua, 22 Sep 2016
» Checking in with … Casey Dellacqua
- Started learning to play tennis aged seven when her mum, Nita, and her nan put her in group lessons at Kingsley Tennis Club.
- Played all sports as a child and always knew she wanted to be a professional athlete.
- Made her Grand Slam debut at the 2003 Australian Open.
- Made her Fed Cup debut in 2006.
- Broke into the top 100 mid-way through 2007.
- Joined the world’s top 50 for the first time in 2008, highlighted by a fourth-round showing at the Australian Open.
- Reached the final of the women’s doubles at the 2008 French Open, partnering Francesca Schiavone.
- Represented Australia at the Beijing Olympics in 2008.
- Underwent shoulder surgery in early 2009 and missed the rest of the season.
- Cracked the WTA doubles top 10 in May 2009.
- Claimed the mixed doubles title at the 2011 French Open, partnering American Scott Lipsky.
- Secured a record breaking six ITF Futures Pro Circuit titles in a row, all on home soil, in 2011.
- Represented Australia at the 2012 London Olympics.
- Represented Australia at the 2012 Fed Cup.
- Proudest moments are when her parents, Nita, and father Kim, watch her play at major tournaments.
- Watches AFL (Carlton fan), cricket and V8 Supercars in her spare time.
- Enjoys sleeping, shopping, hanging out with friends and family and reading.
- Admires Australian tennis legend Margaret Court.
- Favourite movie is Dirty Dancing.
- Favourite actor is Brad Pitt.
- Favourite music is hip-hop and R&B.
Year-end singles ranking history
2013 Bendigo #1 ITF, Bendigo #2 ITF
2012 Fukuoka ITF
2011 Bundaberg ITF, Cairns ITF, Darwin ITF, Esperance ITF, Kalgoorlie ITF, Traralgon ITF, Bendigo ITF
2010 Mildura ITF
2007 Melbourne ITF, Perth ITF, Kalgoorlie ITF, Bronx, New York ITF
2006 Mount Gambier ITF, Port Pirie ITF
2005 Mackay ITF, Rockhampton ITF, Port Pirie ITF
2004 Warrnambool ITF
2003 Dalby ITF
2007 Calvia, Spain ITF, Fukuoka, Japan ITF
2006 Traralgon ITF, Melbourne ITF
2005 Hamanako, Japan ITF
Casey Dellacqua in the news
Injured Aussie star Casey Dellacqua sat down with tennis.com.au to discuss her concussion, the physical and mental trauma she went through, and her steps toward a comeback.
All of the highlights, interviews and features around Australia v USA in the 2016 Fed Cup World Group Playoff.
Some of the best photos from the last 48 hours as Australia and the USA prepare to do battle in the Fed Cup.
Casey Dellacqua is confident should this weekend's Fed Cup tie come down to a deciding doubles rubber.