“I haven’t actually played many at this level, so to even get this far it’s good.”
— Seone Mendez, 30 Oct 2018
» Mendez progresses in Canberra
- Knew at age 13 she was good enough to try becoming a professional player
- In 2011, won the National Optus 12’s & 14’s Spring tournament
- 2011 season ended with a trip to America to compete overseas, adding to her previous appearances in Croatia and France
- Prefers both hard and clay court surfaces
- Thinks her game most close resembles Justine Henin’s
- Says her dream tennis scenario would involve beating Henin in three sets in a French Open final
- Ultimate professional goal is to reach world No.1
- If not trying to become a professional tennis player, would be studying to become a sport physio and tennis coach
- Her perfect day would involve relaxing, reading and being with family
Year-end singles ranking history
2019 Antalya 15K ITF, Antalya 15K ITF, Antalya 15K ITF, Prokuplje 15K ITF, Prokuplje 15K ITF, Tabarka 15K ITF, Naples 25K ITF
2018 Palmanova 15K ITF
2017 Hammamet 15K ITF, Hammamet 15K ITF
2019 Santa Margherita Di Pula 25K ITF
Seone Mendez in the news
Australian players shine on day two of Australian Open 2021 qualifying, with seven advancing to the second round.
It is a big day ahead for our Aussie players in Australian Open 2021 qualifying, with 14 featuring in first-round action.
Meet the eight Aussie women who will contest the Australian Open 2021 qualifying event in Dubai this week.
Find out who our Australian players have drawn in the opening round of the Australian Open 2021 qualifying events.