- Born 2 May 1997
- LivesEast Brighton, Victoria
- CoachPeter Luczak and John McCurdy
“It was just a few points here and there, and I just tried to play a little more aggressive and try to get him moving. ”
— Marc Polmans, 21 Jan 2020
» Australian Open: Battling Polmans caps memorable day for Aussie men
- Began playing tennis at the age of four after visiting his local club.
- Born in South Africa, his family moved to Australia and settled in southeast Melbourne.
- Captured the Danish Junior Cup singles title in 2012.
- Ultimate goal is to win a Grand Slam event, represent Australia and reach the World’s top 10.
- Admires former world no. 1 Rafael Nadal because he is “the best competitor in the world”
- Career influences include his parents plus Tony Vermaak, his first tennis coach.
- Hobbies include computer games plus playing badminton, squash and table tennis.
- His parents are Gavin and Nicola and he has a younger brother, Greg.
Year-end singles ranking history
2019 Zhangjiagang Challenger, Traralgon Challenger
2018 Launceston Challenger, Renmark F1 ITF, Mildura F2 ITF, Mornington F3 ITF
2017 Canberra F2 ITF, Canberra F3 ITF
2016 Mozambique F1 ITF, Mozambique F2 ITF, Zimbabwe F2 ITF, Alice Springs F5 ITF
2019 Kaohsiung Challenger
2018 Mornington F4 ITF, Tallahassee Challenger, Stockton Challenger
2017 Italy F11 ITF
2016 Zimbabwe F1 ITF, USA F25 ITF, USA F26 ITF, Brisbane F6 ITF, Canberra Challenger
Marc Polmans in the news
From impressive rises to career-high rankings, many Australian players made giant strides in the latest rankings.
John Millman's stellar start to season 2020 continues as the Queenslander moves into the Australian Open's third round, yet Jordan Thompson and Marc Polmans lost on…
A spirited Marc Polmans claims a first Grand Slam main draw win in a successful day for local men at Australian Open 2020.
John Millman sees off dangerous Frenchman Ugo Humbert to take his place in the second round of the Australian Open.