- Born 2 May 1997
- LivesEast Brighton, Victoria
- CoachPeter Luczak and John McCurdy
“Yeh I’m extremely overwhelmed to be honest, at the start of the week I really didn’t think we’d be in the semi-final of a Grand Slam.”
— Marc Polmans, 25 Jan 2017
» Polmans and Whittington clinch No.1 triumph
- Began playing tennis at the age of four after visiting his local club.
- Born in South Africa, his family moved to Australia and settled in southeast Melbourne.
- Captured the Danish Junior Cup singles title in 2012.
- Ultimate goal is to win a Grand Slam event, represent Australia and reach the World’s top 10.
- Admires former world no. 1 Rafael Nadal because he is “the best competitor in the world”
- Career influences include his parents plus Tony Vermaak, his first tennis coach.
- Hobbies include computer games plus playing badminton, squash and table tennis.
- His parents are Gavin and Nicola and he has a younger brother, Greg.
Year-end singles ranking history
2017 Canberra F2 ITF, Canberra F3 ITF
2016 Mozambique F1 ITF, Mozambique F2 ITF, Zimbabwe F2 ITF, Alice Springs F5 ITF
2017 Italy F11 ITF
2016 Zimbabwe F1 ITF, USA F25 ITF, USA F26 ITF, Brisbane F6 ITF, Canberra Challenger
Marc Polmans in the news
Victorian Marc Polmans reaches Canberra ATP Challenger semifinal and now faces Matthew Ebden for a second consecutive finals berth.
Australian wins are coming thick and fast as the WTA and ATP tours continue to wind through Asia, with Lizette Cabrera qualifying in Tashkent and Matt Ebden doing the sam in…
Australian Akira Santillan took a step closer to the main draw of the US Open with victory on Tuesday at Flushing Meadows.
It took all of Alexander Zverev's weapons to subdue Australia's Jordan Thompson in a thrilling second-round match at Washington DC's Citi Open. Nick Kyrgios and…