- Born 2 May 1997
- LivesEast Brighton, Victoria
- CoachPeter Luczak and John McCurdy
“It was just a few points here and there, and I just tried to play a little more aggressive and try to get him moving. ”
— Marc Polmans, 21 Jan 2020
» Australian Open: Battling Polmans caps memorable day for Aussie men
- Began playing tennis at the age of four after visiting his local club.
- Born in South Africa, his family moved to Australia and settled in southeast Melbourne.
- Captured the Danish Junior Cup singles title in 2012.
- Ultimate goal is to win a Grand Slam event, represent Australia and reach the World’s top 10.
- Admires former world no. 1 Rafael Nadal because he is “the best competitor in the world”
- Career influences include his parents plus Tony Vermaak, his first tennis coach.
- Won his first Grand Slam main draw match at Australian Open 2020, overcoming world No.68 Mikhail Kukushkin in five sets
- Hobbies include computer games plus playing badminton, squash and table tennis.
- His parents are Gavin and Nicola and he has a younger brother, Greg.
Year-end singles ranking history
2019 Zhangjiagang Challenger, Traralgon Challenger
2018 Launceston Challenger, Renmark F1 ITF, Mildura F2 ITF, Mornington F3 ITF
2017 Canberra F2 ITF, Canberra F3 ITF
2016 Mozambique F1 ITF, Mozambique F2 ITF, Zimbabwe F2 ITF, Alice Springs F5 ITF
2019 Kaohsiung Challenger
2018 Mornington F4 ITF, Tallahassee Challenger, Stockton Challenger
2017 Italy F11 ITF
2016 Zimbabwe F1 ITF, USA F25 ITF, USA F26 ITF, Brisbane F6 ITF, Canberra Challenger
Marc Polmans in the news
Marc Polmans and Aleksandar Vukic are both one win away from earning a place in the Roland Garros main draw.
As Roland Garros qualifying continues in Paris, five Australians remain in contention for a coveted main draw place.
Aleksandar Vukic makes a winning debut in Roland Garros qualifying - but he had to save two match points to defeat Spain's Carlos Alcaraz.
Australian Marc Polmans scores impressive Grand Slam qualifying win in Paris.