- Born 2 May 1997
- LivesEast Brighton, Victoria
- CoachPeter Luczak and John McCurdy
“To play qualifying of all of the Slams (in 2018) was a big confidence booster because I gained a lot of experience from playing. Now a big Aussie Open is coming up soon - I'm looking forward to that.”
— Marc Polmans, 10 Jan 2019
» Polmans set to take the next step
- Began playing tennis at the age of four after visiting his local club.
- Born in South Africa, his family moved to Australia and settled in southeast Melbourne.
- Captured the Danish Junior Cup singles title in 2012.
- Ultimate goal is to win a Grand Slam event, represent Australia and reach the World’s top 10.
- Admires former world no. 1 Rafael Nadal because he is “the best competitor in the world”
- Career influences include his parents plus Tony Vermaak, his first tennis coach.
- Hobbies include computer games plus playing badminton, squash and table tennis.
- His parents are Gavin and Nicola and he has a younger brother, Greg.
Year-end singles ranking history
2019 Zhangjiagang Challenger
2018 Launceston Challenger, Renmark F1 ITF, Mildura F2 ITF, Mornington F3 ITF
2017 Canberra F2 ITF, Canberra F3 ITF
2016 Mozambique F1 ITF, Mozambique F2 ITF, Zimbabwe F2 ITF, Alice Springs F5 ITF
2018 Mornington F4 ITF, Tallahassee Challenger, Stockton Challenger
2017 Italy F11 ITF
2016 Zimbabwe F1 ITF, USA F25 ITF, USA F26 ITF, Brisbane F6 ITF, Canberra Challenger
Marc Polmans in the news
Maddison Inglis' breakthrough 2019 has continued with the West Australian this week entering the WTA top 200.
Australia's women have gone five-from-five on the opening day of US Open qualifying, with Priscilla Hon, Lizette Cabrera, Maddison Inglis, Arina Rodionova and Jaimee Fourlis…
Alexei Popyrin and John Millman will play at this week's ATP hard court event in Winston Salem ahead of next week's US Open, while 16 Aussies will contest qualifying at…
Sam Stosur, the US Open champion in 2011, has been awarded a main-draw wildcard and will contest her 15th tournament at Flushing Meadows.