- Born14 June 1989
- LivesBrisbane, Queensland
- Height184 cm
- CoachGary Stickler
- Pro Since2006
“The way I’ve been hitting the ball, especially from Eastbourne going in to now, the way I built into this week, I did honestly believe I could beat a lot of guys in the draw.”
— John Millman, 4 Jul 2018
» Raonic pips Millman to reach Wimbledon third round
- Started playing tennis aged four because his four sisters, Shona, Kara, Tessa and Bronte, all played
- Claimed his maiden ITF Futures Pro Circuit singles title in Traralgon in 2008 and doubles in Bulgaria in 2009
- Secured his first Challenger title in Sacramento, USA in 2010 alongside two further ITF Futures titles
- Following Wimbledon 2011, missed rest of the season due to shoulder surgery; missed another 11 months from 2013-2014 due to second shoulder injury and surgery
- Returned to tennis in April 2014 (ranking dipped as low as No.1193) and embarked on a stunning comeback season which included two Futures titles and two Challenger crowns
- Won three more ATP Challenger titles in 2015, debuting in the top 100 in July of that year
- Advanced to third round of the Australian Open and at Wimbledon in 2016, his best Grand Slam results to date
- Completed second straight top-100 season in 2016, finishing the season at world No.84
- Credits his parents who encouraged him to complete school, which he believes has affected his game in a positive way.
- Favourite player is Mario Ancic because he attained a law degree while touring as a tennis professional
- Favourite surface is hard court and favourite tournament is the Brisbane International
- Biggest strength is his mental toughness
- Ambition is to simply enjoy himself when he plays
- His parents are Shona, a teacher, and Ron, a tennis centre owner.
- Hobbies include movies, music, running, soccer and golf.
- Favourite band are The Killers and The Temper Trap.
- Favourite places in the world are Brisbane, Melbourne, New York and London.
Year-end singles ranking history
2018 Kyoto Challenger, Aix-en-Provence Challenger
2017 Hua Hin Challenger
2015 Lexington Challenger, Aptos Challenger, Kobe Challenger
2014 Korea F10 ITF, Korea F11 ITF, Traralgon Challenger, Yokohama Challenger
2013 Burnie Challenger, Kyoto Challenger
2010 Australia F2 ITF, Australia F6 ITF, Sacramento Challenger
2009 Australia F10 ITF
2008 Australia F8 ITF
2018 Budapest ATP
2017 Lexington Challenger
2015 Kyoto Challenger, Vicenza Challenger
2014 Tiburon Challenger
2012 Australia F4 ITF, Busan Challenger
2010 USA F9 ITF, Australia F7 ITF
2009 Bulgaria F2 ITF, Australia F6 ITF, Australia F9 ITF
2008 Romania F1 ITF
John Millman in the news
Daria Gavrilova is the No.9 seed at this week's WTA tournament in New Haven, while Alex De Minaur and John Millman are in action at Winston Salem.
Queenslander Jason Kubler has been rewarded for his impressive season with a wildcard into the main draw of the US Open later this month.
Daria Gavrilova has drawn the great Serena Williams in her opening match in Cincinnati while Ash Barty and Nick Kyrgios are both seeded at the combined ATP/WTA event.
Matt Ebden saw off Donald Young in straight sets to reach the last eight in Atlanta, while in Hamburg, John Millman found top seed Dominic Thiem an unstoppable force.