“After a long summer, to be able to finish it off by making a final, I’m pretty proud of myself.”
— Alex Bolt, 9 Feb 2020
» Bolt strikes out in Launceston final
- started playing tennis at the age of seven
- first realised at age 17 that he was good enough to become professional
- as a 14-year-old in 2007 he was a member of the winning South Australian team at the Foundation Cup; at the same event, he was awarded the John Fitzgerald prize for good nature and outstanding effort
- moved to Canberra in February 2010 to join the elite AIS Pro Tour Program as a full scholarship holder; when told of his inclusion in the program, he described the feeling of being selected as “overwhelming”
- after recovering from injury in the first half of 2009, he made the final of his first tournament back – at the Darwin Junior ITF International
- feels his game most closely resembles that of Fernando Verdasco
- names Jurgen Melzer and Feliciano Lopez as the toughest opponents he’s ever faced
- professional goal is to be a top 10 player and represent Australia in Davis
- if he was playing a match at Rod Laver Arena, he’d have the entire town of Murray Bridge in his players’ box
- had he not been a tennis player, would have followed a career in basketball or Australian Rules football
- supports the Port Adelaide Power
Year-end singles ranking history
2018 Zhuhai Challenger
2014 Melbourne F4 ITF, An-Ning Challenger
2012 Happy Valley F7 ITF, Hong Kong F2 ITF
2020 Launceston Challenger
2019 Lexington Challenger
2018 Fairfield Challenger
2017 Ilkley Challenger
2015 Burnie Challenger, Cairns F7 ITF
2014 Glen Iris F5 ITF
2013 Cairns F7 ITF
2012 Esperance F9 ITF, Hong Kong F1 ITF
Alex Bolt in the news
Aleksandar Vukic makes a winning debut in Roland Garros qualifying - but he had to save two match points to defeat Spain's Carlos Alcaraz.
Australian Marc Polmans scores impressive Grand Slam qualifying win in Paris.
Qualifying for the Grand Slam tournament begins in Paris tonight.
Twelve Australians are competing in clay tournaments in Europe this week.