Key Dates – Season #1 Term 2 – 2017
Venue: Traralgon Tennis Association, Franklin St, Traralgon VIC 3844
|Challenge Day||Sunday May 7||1:30 – 3:30pm|
|Training Day||Saturday May 14||1:30 – 3:30pm|
|Round 1||Sunday May 28||1:30 – 3:30pm|
|Round 2||Sunday June 4||1:30 – 3:30pm|
|Round 3||Sunday June 11||1:30 – 3:30pm|
|Final Round||Sunday June 18||1:30 – 3:30pm|
Please note – for Season 1 2017, Super 10s and Super 12s will run simultaneously. To participate in the Super 10s competition, players must be 10 years old or younger for the entirety of the season dates. Similarly, to participate in the Super 12s, players must be 12 or younger.
As a guideline for participation in the competition, players should be able to perform the following green ball key competencies. If unsure, please speak to your child’s private coach to assess whether this is the appropriate competition for the player’s stage of development.
– Differentiate speed and spin on first and second serves
– Rally crosscourt for 10–15 shots varying height over the net, depth, speed and spin
– Use approach, drive volley, volley and overhead in an offensive way
– Keep great posture and maintain balance from a wide, narrow, and one-legged base
– Display independence; pack their own bag for matches and practice, and complete a regular warm-up routine and practice regularly without the coach
**PLEASE NOTE: Successful participants will be required to pay season fees of $120.
To register for the Season #1 Challenge Day click here. Registrations will close Monday May 1.
For more information please contact Ash Naumann, Talent Development Manager – VIC.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0413 021 148