Committee Elections and Evolving
- Constitution dictates how committee should function, refer back to yours if there is any confusion
- Usually elected at the annual general meeting (AGM)
- Nominations communicated to whole of club (WOC) well in advance of meeting
- Committee should analyse the current committee and review areas that they could fill (gaps) eg Age, gender and ethnic and cultural background.
- Plan ahead when elections will take place to reduce losing large numbers on a committee at once
- Some clubs operate on a rolling club structure for smooth transition
- Clearly outline handover/induction process
- To reduce disruption to the club due to change in committee members previous members should pass on as much knowledge as possible to their replacement
- Clearly outlined handover/induction process
- Clear position descriptions
- Use a committee member induction pack for all information.
If you have any questions about your club please contact us at 1800 PLAY TENNIS or email.
To provide feedback on Club Support click here.
|Club Structure||Club Management||Facilities and Funding||Policies and Guidelines||Volunteers|