Chairing a meeting
The person chairing the meetings has the following responsibilities:
- ensures that the meeting starts and finishes on time
- notes who wishes to speak, and indicates when a person may speak
- is responsible for keeping the discussion to the subject
- decides when discussion should be brought to an end
- does not usually get involved in the discussion unless their opinion is sought
- should frequently summarise the issue under discussion, to aid in decision making
- refers items to a working group for a report at the next meeting if it is apparent that a decision cannot be made.
It is also suggested that a Code of Conduct for meetings is established and distributed before the meeting takes place.
|Club Help||Code of Conduct|
If you have any questions about your club please contact us at 1800 PLAY TENNIS or email.
|Club Structure||Club Management||Facilities and Funding||Policies and Guidelines||Volunteers|