“I've been doing everything I can to prepare ... But I just need more time to be fully ready to play after being away from the tour for a while.”
— Ajla Tomljanovic, 15 Dec 2016
» Tomljanovic out of Aussie summer of tennis
- started playing tennis at age seven
- favourite shot is backhand
- favourite surface is hardcourt
- trained during her teenage years at the Evert Tennis Academy in Boca Raton, Florida
- best tennis memory was her first experience on court with Chris Evert
- career goal is to be ranked No.1 in the world
- upset No.3 seed Agnieszka Radwanska en route to the fourth round at Roland Garros in 2014
- speaks Croatian, English and German
- family includes father Ratko, mother Emina and sister Hana
- also has family in the United States; favourite city to visit is Charlotte, North Carolina, where they live
- favorite movie is The Hangover and favourite actor is Robert Pattinson
- enjoys watching other sports including basketball and football
- enjoys hip hop music; Beyonce is her favourite artist
Year-end rankings history
2013 Dothan ITF
2011 Clearwater ITF, Grado ITF
2010 Plantation ITF
2015 Pattaya City
2013 Innsbrook ITF, Midland ITF, Macon ITF, Merida 3 ITF
2011 Jackson ITF
2010 Pelham ITF, Prague ITF
2009 Puebla ITF
Ajla Tomljanovic in the news
Alja Tomljanovic's continuing recovery from shoulder surgery means the former top-50 star will miss the entire Australian summer of events.
Australia's third-ranked woman Ajla Tomljanovic has been sidelined after recently undergoing shoulder surgery in the United States.
UPDATE: Ajla Tomljanovic, Priscilla Hon, Ben Mitchell and John-Patrick Smith have exited in the opening round of the Brisbane International on Monday.
Wildcards Daria Gavrilova and Ajla Tomljanovic will join a star-studded women's field at the Apia International Sydney.