“I’ve been trying to fight through the pain and was hoping that it would get better on its own, but the shoulder kept getting worse.”
— Ajla Tomljanovic, 10 Mar 2016
» Tomljanovic rehabbing after shoulder surgery
- started playing tennis at age seven
- favourite shot is backhand
- favourite surface is hardcourt
- trained during her teenage years at the Evert Tennis Academy in Boca Raton, Florida
- best tennis memory was her first experience on court with Chris Evert
- career goal is to be ranked No.1 in the world
- upset No.3 seed Agnieszka Radwanska en route to the fourth round at Roland Garros in 2014
- speaks Croatian, English and German
- family includes father Ratko, mother Emina and sister Hana
- also has family in the United States; favourite city to visit is Charlotte, North Carolina, where they live
- favorite movie is The Hangover and favourite actor is Robert Pattinson
- enjoys watching other sports including basketball and football
- enjoys hip hop music; Beyonce is her favourite artist
Year-end rankings history
2013 Dothan ITF
2011 Clearwater ITF, Grado ITF
2010 Plantation ITF
2015 Pattaya City
2013 Innsbrook ITF, Midland ITF, Macon ITF, Merida 3 ITF
2011 Jackson ITF
2010 Pelham ITF, Prague ITF
2009 Puebla ITF
Ajla Tomljanovic in the news
Australia's third-ranked woman Ajla Tomljanovic has been sidelined after recently undergoing shoulder surgery in the United States.
UPDATE: Ajla Tomljanovic, Priscilla Hon, Ben Mitchell and John-Patrick Smith have exited in the opening round of the Brisbane International on Monday.
Wildcards Daria Gavrilova and Ajla Tomljanovic will join a star-studded women's field at the Apia International Sydney.
Sam Stosur, Priscilla Hon and Ben Mitchell have all drawn qualifiers in the opening round of the Brisbane International, while Bernard Tomic takes on Nicolas Mahut.