In line with Phase 4 of the WA Government’s roadmap to relax COVID-Restrictions, Tennis West have updated the Community Tennis Guidelines for Continued Play (v9), which will take effect on Saturday 27 June (from 11.59pm on Friday 26 June).
Please note the following key changes to the Guidelines:
- All existing gathering limits and the 100/300 rule removed;
- Gathering limits now only determined by WA’s reduced 2sqm rule;
- Removal of seated service requirements at food businesses and licensed premises;
- All events permitted except for large scale, multi-stage music festivals
Venues should still ensure that their COVID Safety Plans are updated and continue to be implemented and we encourage record keeping of attendees for the purposes of contact tracing.
We encourage our tennis community to keep up physical distancing and good personal hygiene to better protect yourself and the general health of our wider community.
Winter League will commence on 4 July. With restrictions now easing, social gatherings pre and post event are permitted. League Clubs should also have an up-to-date COVID-19 Safety Plan in place, and ensure all players and visitors abide by hygiene and social distancing requirements.
- WA Roadmap – Phase 4 Information
- COVID Safety Plan & Guideline for Sport & Recreation Venues
- Tennis West Resources / Documents & Guidelines
Should you have any questions, please contact your club’s Regional Tennis Manager or Coach Development Manager. Their details are below:
- Sheridan Adams – Coach Development Manager – [email protected] / 0435 260 787
- Rob Kennedy – Regional Tennis Manager (Metro North) – [email protected] / 0468 589 157
- Michelle Magdy – Regional Tennis Manager (Metro South) – [email protected] / 0438 135 833
- Greg Wood – Regional Tennis Lead (WA South) – [email protected] / 0474 360 496
- Craig Vinci – Regional Tennis Lead (WA North) – [email protected] / 0437 796 587