Tennis West, in conjunction with Tennis Australia (TA) and Healthway, currently conduct a state-wide Indigenous Tennis Program.
The Indigenous Tennis Program aims to:
• Increase active participation of Indigenous people in sport and physical activities through tennis.
• Develop skills and provide knowledge transfer through recognised accreditation programs.
• Provide access to facilities and equipment appropriate to the needs of Indigenous tennis players.
• Promote and encourage the migration of Indigenous children from school based tennis activities to local clubs in the area.
Each year the program targets different areas across Metropolitan and Regional WA. Some of the program activities include:
• Tennis in Schools programs
• Annual Harmony Day Interschool Tennis Challenge
• Club linking programs (participants are encouraged to continue tennis at their local Tennis West Affiliated Clubs)
• Offering Scholarships; additional coaching, officiating courses and coaching courses
• Community visits
Funding is also available for all Indigenous tennis players through the Department of Sport and Recreation and the KidSport initiative. To apply for this program visit www.clubsonline.dsr.wa.gov.au/kidsport
Tennis West have successful been delivering the Indigenous Tennis Program across WA for many years and we thank TA and Healthway for their ongoing support.
If you have any further queries or questions relating to the Indigenous Tennis Program, please call Brett Marshall on 08 6462 8322 or via email email@example.com